Run website ASP on WD Sentinel DX4000

Dear all, I bought a WD Sentinel DX4000 (run on windows storage server 2008 R2 Essentials) Now I want to setup a website ASP on WD. Please help me. My Email:[Deleted] Best regards

So IIS is already up and running

just place your website in a folder under inetpub/wwwroot

then from afar whatever your ip or domain name is/foldername

correction, go to the dashboard>server settings> remote web access

run the weizard there to get a domain name and turn on IIS first

Dear Gramps,

I put my website in inetpub/wwwroot. An error appears when browsing website in local (WD Sentinel DX4000)

“Server Error: 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”

I do not know how turn on IIS as your idea. Please help me step by step

ps: I only use website in LAN. Therfore I think there is no need to setup domain

Thanks

You have to complete the wizzard to turn on the websites even if you are only using it on the lan.

from the dashboard>server settings (top right)> remote access>configure  (tick skip router setup)

From memory…next…setup a new domain…use microsoft

If you do not have a live ID you need to create one.  Create a free domain dot remotewebaccess.com…next

You will get error(s) that your website is not available from outside.  tick skip for now…finsih

Do not put it in wwwroot, but in a folder under wwwroot

then from inside you can just type http://servername/subfolder

your default web page must be one in the list

if you do not have a default.htm  make one up and put it in the subfolder

then surf to servername/subfolder

I did as your idea. I can remote to contro WD4000 by web (such as: https://wd4000.remote…com)

• I tried put a ‘html’ file under C:\inetpub\wwwroot of DX4000. An error appears when browsing that file.

"Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

• I tried put a folder of ASP website under C:\inetpub\wwwroot, but this website do not work

any idea?

Best regard

stuff “can” be done in wwwroot, but it is difficult.

Since this is internal just do everything in wwwroot/subfolder

Like I said just make a page called test.htm  that says Hello world

place it in wwwroot/test

surf to servename/test/test.htm and it should load hello world

well hold on.  looks like test/trst.htm did not work

I confess most of my website “piddling” was on SBS 2011 standard.  I thought it was the same, maybe not

put your (my) test folder and test.htm under

C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\WebApps\Site\test\test.htm

then try servername/test/test.htm

fwiw here are the default docs

default docs.PNG