Room to Room viewing

I have two WD tv lives. One in the TV room and one in the bedroom. I have no problem playing movies stored on my iMac with either.

What I want to be able to do is start a movie in one room and finish it in another without having to start the movie and fast forwarding it when I go to the 2nd location. I find fast forwarding slow and sometimes lose audio sync.  Is there a way I can have the movie go to both devices at once so I can start a movie in the TV room and finish watching it in the bedroom? Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Pretty impossible I would say. Its the device that is playing it that knows what position you are at, so unless you start the film on both devices at exactly the same time and run between both locations…then no.

Why dont you use the seek time option for the other location ? It may help, although this is the Live Hub forum I am pretty sure the Live has that as well.

I would think this would work if you play your movies from a common NAS device.

This will not work, and I would go with wdtvhub’s suggesstion of seeking time. I have a similar setup with a HUB in the main room and a LivePlus in the bedroom, both reading movies from a windows server. Each of the WD Devices keeps it’s own bookmarks so will not know you have started the movie in the other room.

this does work for some internet sources like Hulu and media server such as PlayOn. With those, the service or server keeps your place in the movie associated with your login, so can continue from where ever you had paused it in the other room.

-P