Rolling back firmware doesnt work

Well I followed all the instructions for rolling back the latest firmware I have on my WD TV Hub and when I plug in the usb external drive  it says a window  or tab will come up in the main menue that will say a firmware update is available. No window comes up.    I even reset the button the bottom of player and it still has the same latest firmware and does not set it back to original.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Which link did you use to download the rollback code?

Are you sure you got it from here?

yes I did  I got it from this exact page. Think I did it right  I followed the directions, but any other hints how to do it?

Thanks

Question. When I do the rollback and plug in the usb drive with the firmware on it, should my ethernet to my router be plugged in or not?

Also when I press the button on the bottom of the player to reset all back to original settings, why doesn’t the latest firmware roll back to the original firmware?

Thanks

Ok  I did it!!! I was able to roll back my firmware to  Firmware Ver. 2.07.17

and have e turned off the automatic update firmware function.   And that has now fixed my problem with not being able to see all of my internal drive with all my movies, TV show, tons of music and my priceless pictures from my whole life!!! 

I am so relieved!

xlglobal wrote:

Also when I press the button on the bottom of the player to reset all back to original settings, why doesn’t the latest firmware roll back to the original firmware?

Thanks

Because firmware is not part of the configuration.   The RESET restores the factory CONFIG, not factory FIRMWARE.

Maybe a silly question but I have a similar problem to this contributor and am following this thread for information. When I go to the firmware update download it gives me two choices to download. GEN1 & GEN2. How do I know which one to download?

John

There is no Gen 1 / Gen 2 for the Live Hub.