Rolled back to 2.07.17 and now works fine again

I had to roll back to 2.07.17 because the unit could not access the contents of external USB drives (WD by the way).

Now it works just fine. I wonder what could have caused this and would like to help WD solve the problem.

If there is anything I can do to help, please email me.

e1375, thank you very much for the feedback and the willingness to address the difficulties, the Firmware section in general is being monitored for improvements.

Regards,

Trancer wrote:

e1375, thank you very much for the feedback and the willingness to address the difficulties, the Firmware section in general is being monitored for improvements.

Regards,

“Improvements” - In the firmware or something else? If I was WD I would have fired them all at this point.

Can you please point me in the right direction for software rollback. As soon as I got mine I did the update and I’M ABOUT 1 DAY FROM RETURNING IT.

solo56,

Here’s how you rollback:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center

I also ended to roll back, good to have all the folders settings back :slight_smile:

Has this been resolved in 3.00.28?

I also had to roll back to 2.07.17 because the new fw struggled to find my external HDD and couldnt display all my thumbnails. With DVD folders it made browsing and selection diffcult too.

Also, there was a problem with distorted ACC audio

Only problem is, ‘Get Info’ is now not working at all (it did before so why?)

Its  like it no longer even connects to TMDB

Anyone have the same problem?

No, not at all. I am still running 2.07.17 without the problem you are describing.

I’m just trying to find out if the latest version 3.00.28 resolves isues caused by version 2.08.13.

Of course I could install 3.00.28, test it and stay with it if it works fine, otherwise go back to 2.07.17. Maybe I’ll try tomorrow.

With Get Info not working at all its like there is not internet connection - which there is

strange

Not too concerned as I have a Popcorn A300 on order which will be my main player

Still love the WD so will use it in another room

I can’t find what is the largest capacity HDD you can install in the A300; do you know?

Hey,

I have a problem with rolling back. I downloaded on my USB (root) the older firmware but I do not see an option for upgrading firmware. In the instructions posted it says this:

The WD TV Live Hub Media Center will check only the Root Directory of an attached USB device. If you are using the original firmware file to attempt this, you will not receive the  New Firmware  option. If it does not appear, and you are sure that you are using the firmware files located in step #1 of these instructions, and that the files are not in a folder on the drive. If the  New Firmware  option still does not appear, please  Contact Us for additional support.

Something is missing from this instructions ?? 

Please help, how to roll back the drivers…

thx

Zoran

zoran30 wrote:

Something is missing from this instructions ?? 

Please help, how to roll back the drivers…

thx

Zoran

(*sigh…*)  WHY DON"T PEOPLE SEARCH?!

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

I did upgrade from 2.07.17 to 2.08.13 and then to 3.0018 about an hour ago and everything seems to be working FINE !!!

The problems that I found on 2.08.13 seem to be gonne.

Regards,

Ed

That is funny. I stayed on 2.06.10 through 2.07.17, due to unacceptable problems. I tried out the latest and it was pretty much a wash. It didn’t fix anything but it doesn’t appear to have broken anything either.

However, I really only use it for videos and Pandora now, since so much else performed so badly or was among the many impractical social media features that are about 1000 times easier and more convenient to use on my computer/iphone/ipad… **bleep** they are easier to use on my web enabled fridge.