Roadmap? Future Features?

I’m just wondering if there’s any news on future features for the My Cloud. (mac)

I’ve seen older generation WD drives have the ability to back up to dropbox and other services which I would love since having a local drive with all your back up isn’t always safe. Especially if you don’t back up the back up :slight_smile:

Thanks!

You have the capability to backup to Dropbox with Smartware Pro on My Cloud.

As far as roadmap items, we are always looking to improve the product. There is some interesting stuff coming in the december timeframe that I can’t talk yet about - but you will like it :slight_smile:

Tony

Yah Im a little confused on Smartware Pro.

Is there a download for Mac? I got one but it just stops halfway through install and doesn’t move. And it seems to be for specific hardware?

We discontinued Smartware for Mac a few years ago. Time Machine would be a good choice to use for that platform.

1 Like

Ah that’s what I figured, but then I have no ability to backup my drive to Dropbox then… for now at least right?

Will we see the auto upload feature that most other cloud services have?  Can you explain how the device handles a selection of the same photo for upload more than one time?  I am happy with this product and woudl recomend it except it is missing th automatic upload of photos that all other cloud services I have tried have.

Thanks!