RMA - request that the RMA status get updated instead of leaving customers in the dark

So I’ve been waiting a week since I returned my RMA drive to WDC. An RMA was created and shipped and received by SOTO on 8/23/2018. I never received confirmation and have checked the RMA status page several times. After more than a week it is still showing “Waiting to Receive”.

Is this normal for WDC not to update their RMA status page and I can expect my drive soon? Or did SOTO lose my drive in the warehouse somewhere?

Please let me know - if WDC does not update their RMA status page and this is normal than I won’t worry about it till I receive the drive back. But if they do keep it up to date then I’ll try to see if I can contact someone again.

Oh yeah, the email WDC does not work - when you click on SUBMIT it says something about a search of knowlegebase failed. So I gave up. Calling was hopeless too so I was hoping someone on the forums would be paying attention.

1 Like

Hi Harry5,

Please check your private message.

RMA received on august 16 2021 and no update on october 1. Ask information by sending email to WD Support and on september 27 i received this message : your RMA XXXX is on processing… We will keep you posted as soon as the update is done. A month and a half of treatment is a long time. It takes away the taste of repurchasing a WD product.I had an RMA for a ssd with the TEAM group company located in California US and in two weeks everything was settled.

2 Likes

@coloc77 Did your drives ever get replaced? I returned two drives over three months ago and I still haven’t received anything.

1 Like

same happened to me, they’ll just sit on it if there’s a problem.

1 Like

…hi, just wondering if anyone received their RMA drives & how many months it’s taking now. Is it more than 3 months?

Yes I finally got mine after about 4 months of excuses and broken promises.

1 Like

just an update: I received my replacement Passport drive 2 weeks after shipping it out to WD, so maybe things are getting back to normal

My first replacement didn’t work. Good luck!!!

For my Rma open on September 2021 , i don’t have any replacement. Wd customer care are ridicolous.