RMA Delays and Poor Customer Service

I requested an RMA four weeks ago (23 August) to get two SMR drives replaced with CMR drives. It took three weeks to get an RMA number. I shipped my drives back as soon as I received it. They were received last week according to UPS. Yet the website says the RMA is still pending return.

I’m using the online chat feature and the representative (Natalia V.) is telling me that it will take 1-2 MORE weeks to get the replacement drives shipped once they receive the drives.

These delays are very disappointing. I’ve requested to speak with a supervisor but Natalia is telling me they are too busy to talk to me. This is unacceptable and terrible customer service.

I’ve been using WD products for over a decade now. This is the first time I’ve had to deal with customer service and it has been painful. It should not take more than a month to get a resolution to a problem like this. Please do better than giving your customers the runaround.

After repeatedly asking to speak with a supervisor, I was finally routed to level 2 tech Alex S. He was able to provide more details and tells me the replacement drives will be shipped by the end of the week.

This answers the questions I had but it doesn’t excuse the poor support provided by the level 1 again, Natalia V.

Well it’s been almost four months since this all began and I still haven’t received my replacement drives. I have been told multiple times now the drives will be shipped within 24 hours or by the end of the week and yet nothing has happened. This is incredibly frustrating. It’s hard to not to feel like Western Digital has stolen two hard drives from me. I call customer service every week and they keep making promises and yet nothing is resolved. Where else can I turn to for help?? I just want the drives I sent in three months ago to be replaced.

Hi @mikemike616,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thanks but did you read any of my posts? I’ve been contacting your technical support team for months and have been getting nothing but the runaround.

Yeah you’re probably right. I wonder if the “contact support” bot has been helpful for anyone.

I’m experiencing the same. UPS says has been delivered on Jan 12, today is Jan 24 e still ‘‘pending return’’. I can’t use my NAS for now. I’m keeping flooding them with tickets, it’s the only way to speed it up I’m afraid…

Are world logistics problems familiar to you? now it can take months, Unfortunately.