RMA Application Error: Name Address must be entered in Latin

@Darkmoon

We found out what your issue was with creating an advanced RMA. Your products are registered in your Customer Portal. You have three addresses and one of them isn’t even an address. That’s what’s causing the problem. You will need to go to your portal page and edit that address to match your billing address (especially zip code) above it.

Sign into My Support Portal to access your product page.
https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/ind/?lang=en_US

@Robert_Hanson

In your case, we need to take care of a database update on our end. We have submitted a request to get this fixed. It shouldn’t take long, but we’ll let you know when it’s done.

I have changed the latter address recently. I tried adding my home address
again, but it did not matter it is not working. I have been told and this
is the second time I have had to explain myself to WD Staff, that Advanced RMA is not an option at this time.

I say again, and this is what I have been told, Advanced RMA is not an option at this time.

They could not do it even over the phone. so If I cannot do it online, and your Warranty Staff cannot do it at there end, guess what…

Advanced RMA is not an option at this time. :slight_smile:

I suggest you speak and your staff with “Demi” who advised me over the phone, that Advanced RMA is NOT an option at this time.

The only way this works is selecting standard RMA which was not what I wanted.

I have now been forced to buy another drive at my own expense
because of your system would not let me raise an Advanced RMA. I ahev raised a Standard RMA, which was not my choice of how I wanted this warranty call processed.

Please do not reply. I suggest you seriously speak to a higher level of technical support about the lack of communication that your company seems to be experiencing.

It would appear that replying to anything, gives another excuse or story which is not true since both myself, and your warranty Team cannot Create an Advanced RMA.

Regards Simon.

The Advanced RMA option is not available for just anyone. I would read the KB article below, and if you qualify, but the submission doesn’t work for you, then you’ll need to contact support and see if they can help you.

OK this is ridiculous. I have done about 4 standard RMAs in the past 4 weeks with the SAME EXACT ADDRESS and all of a sudden it’s not in a latin based language ?

Come one, WD, fix your salesforce integration. This is really sad.

Here’s the info you were looking for in the attached screenshot.[Deleted]

So I also have been facing the same issues, I had to call in and manually create a RMA for advance replacement in January because of the Latin Based Language Issue. I had the rep I spoke to delete all of my extra addresses and it made no difference. After reading through your posts, I first registered the drive to my portal, then submitted the RMA without any trouble. So if your still facing this issue, register the drive to your account first.

So if the Latin Based Language is for info only, there needs to be an error message pop up if the device isn’t registered. With that being said, your web development team still needs to work on the form. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any help with replication, testing or QA.

WD STILL the best!
Matt

1 Like

An error was encountered during RMA creation.

And the only indication of what the error could be is the latin-based issue mentioned above. I need to submit an RMA but cannot get past the address point.

Help!

1 Like

Same problem here. There are so many things wrong with this process it’s hard to know where to begin.

For starters, I also have multiple addresses, WHICH STEMS FROM TRYING TO GET PAST THIS RIDICULOUS ERROR.
To compound matters, once an address has been entered, it may not be deleted.

I have put off replacing this failing WD 6TB drive because of past problems with this portal, and sure enough the problems repeat.

I have vague memories of having to sit on the phone with customer service in years past. As I remember, the rep blamed the recent salesforce integration as causing the identity problems. That was several years ago.

Looks like the problems remain.

1 Like

Editing personal details also results in “AN ERROR WAS ENCOUNTERED LOADING THE PAGE”

[Deleted], why does everything have to be so friggen difficult, i think WD do it on purpose to get out of a few hundred RMA
now i have to waste my time calling WD [Deleted]

Same error also for the german portal…

Same here (UK portal).

It’s an absolute pain as I’ve been trying to RMA these drives for months now…

Same here - the fact that I’m using my stored address (from a previous RMA) just makes it even more irritating

I have run into the same issue-
“Name & Address must be entered in Latin-based languages only.”

Looks like the problem was first reported back in January. Its been 5 months now.
Question#1: Is any anybody from WD side looking into the issue?
Question#2: Is there a workaround available? May be creating a RMA via phone?

Having the same problem in Canada. No option to create an Advanced RMA. Email support just redirects me to the website. I’m being sarcastic in saying that I don’t know what a zip code is. How does that Address form not have Country/Province ETC.

I have also tried to create and address under the “Account Information” screen to no avail. I have tried adding the address in Safari and Chrome on Mac and IE on Windows.

WD Your Website is BROKEN.

Oh man… I’m facing the same issue here…

Well, at least i know i’m not the only one who’s having this “RMA Application Error: Name Address must be entered in Latin” error…

WD! C’mon!

One more for the me too pile. Attempted advanced RMA and got the “Name & Address must be entered in Latin-based languages only.” message. Is it an instruction, or an error? It is in red next to a required field and the option to submit is greyed out… Sure looks like an error message.

I checked the KB as mentioned above and I meet all the requirements to use the advance RMA, but the submit is greyed out for some reason.

WD red 4TB built in Thailand used in a NAS. Anyone else see high failure rate with these?

Having the same issue here…

I had this problem using IE no matter what I did got this error. I tried using Opera browser and it worked without issue. Give it a shot. I know its nonsensical that such a common (probably the most common) browser should throw up compatibility issues but if it saves you the grief and gets your RMA set up, its worth the minor hassle.

this is what it displays when i try to enter my address.help me regarding with a perfect solution. i need replacement of my product