Rgb

Hi,

my TV only supports RGB, S-Video and Composite.

I’m currently watching using Composite and this ■■■■■ since all my other equipment uses RGB.

I would like to get a new TV and use the HDMI then, but currently I don’t can afford it.

So, please, how can I enable this sweet pretty baby to show me at least RGB (SCART preferred).

I see that it has the YPBPR output, but that is COMPONENT, not RGB, right?

Do I need an adapter (passive) or a modulator (active)?

Thanks very much for your Input …

Cheers …

anselmbe wrote:

Hi,

my TV only supports RGB, S-Video and Composite.

I’m currently watching using Composite and this ■■■■■ since all my other equipment uses RGB.

I would like to get a new TV and use the HDMI then, but currently I don’t can afford it.

So, please, how can I enable this sweet pretty baby to show me at least RGB (SCART preferred).

I see that it has the YPBPR output, but that is COMPONENT, not RGB, right?

Do I need an adapter (passive) or a modulator (active)?

Thanks very much for your Input …

Cheers …

I think you will need some sort of expensive box.

http://www.howtoconvert.co.uk/howcomponent2rgb.htm

Also, just so you know, S-Video is also a type of component video, and you really ought to do A/B tests on it to see if you can actually tell the difference between it and your RGB (in the United States we never did RGB because S-Video was considered the same quality).

I have an older set with several inputs and I have my DVD player hooked up to both component as well as S-Video and oftentimes I forget which one it’s set to, the quality is that similar.  I suspect you’d fine the same.

mkelley wrote:

Also, just so you know, S-Video is also a type of component video, and you really ought to do A/B tests on it to see if you can actually tell the difference between it and your RGB (in the United States we never did RGB because S-Video was considered the same quality).

I have an older set with several inputs and I have my DVD player hooked up to both component as well as S-Video and oftentimes I forget which one it’s set to, the quality is that similar.  I suspect you’d fine the same.

In the UK most non-HD TV’s have composite, s-vhs and RGB via a scart socket, therefore the use of the component output on the WDTV is denied to us. Most of our equipment is designed around scart which can supply composite or RGB with audio and are bi-directional. The individual equipment allows you to select RGB if you want to gain the benefits. I have a TV with all sockets used for one thing or another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

Does any one at least have the schematics for the cable included in the WD HD Live box? Would be quite easy then to make a custom cable then.