Pellentesque Pretium

Thanks for info. Got my My Cloud EX2 Ultra back to OS3 !

1 Like

Post by dswv42 [8][Dec 28] worked on my WDMyCloud Mirror Gen2. Only thing was the IP had changed when it came back up which I did not initially realise so installed ā€œAdvanced IP Scannerā€ to find the DHCP had allocated a different IP
Cheers

Worked straight and like a charm on my EX2U. Thanks a lot, was going to throw it through the window :smiley:

hy, can you explain how this works?

ok it looks simple! thanks

Great Thanks.

What was the purpose of erasing the system partitions? And when you say ā€œall my system partitionsā€ does that mean, /dev/mmcblk0p1 ā€œwdnas_efiā€, as well?

Understood.

Is there any news about os 5, i cannot log into os 5 with my os 3 account

Thank you [dswv42] had to revert it back to os3 as os 5 refused to index my usb share on the 8tb elements and mybook, works like a dream now ^5

I even got my dvblink back with the dreambox mudule :smiley:

I may need to do this, not having the web file view utility to be able to move data between shares is killing me. The mycloud 5 interface is completely feature poor in comparison. Hell you canā€™t even see your os file system with it.

Hey I did the steps. Verbatim. As the original two posts on this thread. Now when I boot up (pr21000) all I get is blinking power light and now there is absolutely 0 access whatsoever to the unit. At a completely and total loss looking for some help please

Where is the tutorial? Is it deleted by wd?

I only see

Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia curae; Morbi tristique mi ac eros maximus, pulvinar iaculis mauris interdum. Etiam eget erat feugiat augue hendrerit maximus eu ut felis

The original poster is. . . .a unique individual. He scrambled his original post and deleted most of the responses in this thread. . . .

. . .in part because some people didnā€™t do things correctly and wound up with bricked units.

The instructions are fairly basic. . .involving wiping the linux kernal (i.e. nuking the o/s) in mtd1 and wiping the configuration file in mtd5. With the O/S ā€œcorruptedā€, the unit should boot to the ā€œRescue Firmwareā€ located in mtd4. The only thing the rescue firmware does is prompt you to load real firmware you supply (can be either OS/3, OS/5; or some personal home brew)

I only half understood the linux commands; which is why I wonā€™t repeat them.

Suffice it to say, it takes about 5 commands and 2 reboots to make everything happen. When I did it; it took about 10 minutes.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Can you please help me to go backšŸ™šŸ»

Contact DSWV42 and ask nicely :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer.

I downgraded last year with your tutorial because of problems with mycloud connection. Two months im writing with wd support and no one could help me.
So your method was perfekt. Because of the end of the support of os3 i upgraded again and have the same problem againā€¦

Please send me your tutorial. I will use it a my own risk! :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Hi, i know that wd wont support it any more. But i think that there is a problem while i upgraded. So i think i can downgrad to make a clean new installation to os5.
Please dont let me stuck with the guys from the wd supportšŸ˜­

So - - - forget OS/3 for now. The reality is that it wasnā€™t being maintained for at least the last two years. All the flaws it had then are still there now. I have OS/3 devices. . . .on a dedicated router that is off the internet.

So - I last used OS/5 about a year ago. The basic functionality of the software worked. I canā€™t speak to ā€œsecurityā€, but at least they claim to think about security with the release of monthly patchs. I abandoned OS/5 primarily due to privacy concerns and the fact that the basic functionality - which worked - was very basic and of dubious added value over OS/3.

I rarely hear of WD Support helping anybody. Certainly. . . .the links they provide for fixes in the forum are. . . not necessarily relevant to the users problem.

BUT: A few of us who post regularly do have an idea what-is-what in the WD software. Try us.

SO: What exactly is your problem? Is your issue with setting up the user account? Connecting over the local network, or connecting over the internet? DSWV is correct: Most problems are router or home network related.

(PS: I donā€™t recommend connecting to an OS/5 box over the internet. I would turn cloud access off and block the device from your router)(note that even with cloud access off: you can connect to an OS/5 machine (or an OS/3 machine) using VPN to your network)

Has the guide disappeared?

I stupidly updated from OS3 after it told me I could reinstall all of my apps, well guess what, I couldnā€™t install nzbget rendering my pr2100 useless (for my purposes).

Iā€™m desperate to downgrade because there doesnā€™t seem to be any alternatives but the guide is missing and Iā€™m unable to find a link to the os3 firmware.

Please can someone help.