Retrospect Catalog

The invoicing program we use crashed and we lost all the files within the program.

We did make backups using the Dantz Retrospect Express backup software, and i can locate the Backup Sets.

I would like to be able to save the files of a Backup Set on a stick or sd card and be able to access them with

something other than Notepad.

Any ideas appreciated.

Hello,

See if this link will help.

How to restore data after performing a backup with Retrospect Express 5.1, 6.0, 6.5 or 7.5 on a PC or Mac

I’m not interested in restoring files,more being able to open a Retrospect Disk Backup Set(s) that has been 

copied to a memory stick.

I just noticed today however that none of my Retrospect Disk Backup Set(s) show a file extension. So any

information concerning that would be helpful.

Perhaps i’m heading in the wrong direction with this,i don’t know. That is why i started the post, hoping that

someone could get me headed in the right direction.

Update

Western Digital / Dantz Retrospect Express Backup is not a business / user friendly product to say the least.

After spending hours / days trying to figure out a way to save the files i needed to a usb device and then be

able to open those specific files was for me impossible. 

To go through the whole procedure of “Retrieve Files & Folders”, place the information on a usb stick,delete all

the unwanted files and save the needed files, 3 days.

Maybe it is time to look for a better thought-out backup system.