Retrieve unsuccessful, more than half of my files are missing. Very disappointed

I updated my WD Smart Ware software to see if it would fix my previous problem, which it did- I was able to see the files I wanted in the retrieve tab. I selected my entire iTunes library and hit retrieve, all seemed to be going well. 7,679 files later, I drag the whole mess into my laptops basically empty library. Not even close to 1000 songs. I am extremely upset by this because the original files are on a computer that I do not have access to. The whole reason I got this hard drive was for this exact pourpose and it had completely failed in every aspect. I can play MOST of the files with the hard drive plugged into the USB, but I am constantly hjaving to search through the many duplicate files and I am not offered the convenience of browsing through my iTunes library. There has got to be a way around this, until then I am a seriously dissastisfied customer and I will not buy WD again.

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

Go the folder inside the destination drive called “WD SmartWare.swstor” and try to see if you can manually take the files out.