Retail version?

Waiting for …‘Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA II, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive WD10000LSRTL - Retail’…as just purchased. I later read  this comment…“If it says retail on this site, do NOT believe it. It may be an OEM item so you will NOT be getting everything that the retail version would get”…Enough of the cut/paste. My question is is the retail id # 10000LRST the same as the WD1001FALS?

I tried to check that model number out, but came up with nothing.  It is possible that the WD1001FALS can have another product number on the shelf.  The best way to tell what the exact model number your drive has is to use the Warranty Check.  Just put in your serial number and it will tell you if your drive is a 1001FALS.

Warranty Check
http://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/serialinput.asp?aspsid=276297239&custtype=end&requesttype=warranty&lang=en

Appreciate your reply. Opened box and drive labeled WD1001FALS. Might add only included bag of 4 screws and Quick Install Guide and Tech support / warranty info. No way for this thing to be damaged during shipping though as the packaging in retail box  excellent. Thanks again.