Resume play on multiple players

Hi All,

About 6 months ago I bought my first WDTV Live HD (with wifi). After dragging the box from livingroom to bedroom, for a while, I bought a second one for the bedroom. 

From first install (of the second one), I could always continue a movie in the bedroom that I have stopped in the livingroom (or the other way around). Since a week or 2 it doesn’t work anymore. Now I can only resume on the same box… I checked my NAS where the content is stored and found that the WDTV Live makes two different lock files with the mac address in it.

I have the idea it is due to the new firmware that has been released just a week or 2 ago. 

I would love to have the feature back, how can this be fixed?

thanks!

Check your network setting Also try a factory reset on the media player.

EvtK wrote:

I checked my NAS where the content is stored and found that the WDTV Live makes two different lock files with the mac address in it.

I have the idea it is due to the new firmware that has been released just a week or 2 ago. 

thanks!

No, it has done this since last year which NAS-based Media Library was implemented.

The RESUME information isn’t stored in the lock files, it’s stored in the wdtv.cas2 file, which is accessible to both units.

So the first thing I’d check is that you have Media Library enabled on both units, and the content source of both units is set to “My Media Library,”

hi all,

thanks for the replies in this topic. 

I’m using media library function on both players, so that should not be the problem. I will try the factory reset later on and will let you guys know.

I’m wondering: I switched routers… I now have the WNDR3800 instead of D-Link Dir 655. Can this be a factor in this?

thanks!

EvtK wrote:

I’m wondering: I switched routers… I now have the WNDR3800 instead of D-Link Dir 655. Can this be a factor in this?

Very doubtful that’d have anything to do with it.

okay… this is getting interesting :slight_smile:

Here is what I did:

• factory reset bedroom

• reinstalled bedroom

• renamed network SSID (to prevent problems)

• add share ‘movies’ to media library

• started and stopped movie

• standby bedroom

• factory reset livingroom

• reinstalled livingroom

• renamed network SSID (to prevent problems)

• add share ‘movies’ to media library

• tried resuming started movie on bedroom… no luck

• started and stopped other movie

• standby living room

• fired up bedroom and tried resuming other movie started on living room… again no luck

so that didn’t help :slight_smile:

next up:

• deleted al wd.tv directories from my NAS

• on both machines I couldn’t use the library anymore

• removed and added shares

• try resuming again.

• doesn’t work out of the blue

• doesn’t work after rescan library share

• DOES work after erase and rebuilding media library

so it seems to work, but only when I first erase and rebuild the library. I shouldn’t be doing that every time I want to resume I guess?

Anymore suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Wow.  I have no idea. 

It might be related to the fact that the two units are not getting along together.

Instead of putting them in STANDBY, try shutting it down COMPLETELY before turning the next one on.

If so, then this is another issue…

Hello,

I’m still having the problems. The new firmware update recently, didn’t solve it.

I discovered that there is somehow a problem with updating the medialibrary. It seems like it doesn’t completely automaticly updates. Disregarding what option I select (only standby, one hour, one day etc.). 

For example:

if I add new movies or tv series, the ‘new items’  on video tab doesn’t change within a day and movie information is not updated. I have to manually update the medialibrary.

What can this be?

Thanks!

ok… did some more searching on my filesystem…

when I have one of the WDTV active and play and stop a movie and then set to standby, it only adjusts the following 2 files in the directory wd.tv:

uniondb.cas_0090a9c1de**

wdtv.cas2

not changed is the file:

uniondb.cas_0090a9c2dc**

which obviously is corresponding to the other WDTV player.

Shouldn’t this file be updated also?

thanks for any help!