Resume or continue MP3 books

I want to listen to audio books (MP3) on my SMP.  The books can be several hours long and are often split into a few chapters (files).  I know that live streaming box does save the video at the last point it is turn off,and tells to  start or continue to see it.

I can not find a continue feature for MP3 (music) files.

Hi,

I’m really sorry. At the moment that option is not available on the media player.

Please add this as a request on the ideas board to see if that’s possible to add.

I feel for ya TenOC, this is one feature that I find truly lacking on the WD boxes. I listen to a lot of Podcasts that are several hours long, and usually several at a time on different topics.Not being able to resume or set a bookmark is a drag. I actually have a pad and pen on my coffee table that is solely used to write down where I am in a cetain podcast or lecture so when I start it again I can fast forward to where I was listening previously without wasting time searching for the spot.

This would be a great feature

-P

So are yall saying that the Resume Music option under audio settings isnt working?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

So are yall saying that the Resume Music option under audio settings isnt working?

Now that I have found that feature it works, the problem is a number of the tracks (chapters) are 10 to 14 min long so it will not work on them.  Would be nice if I had the option for 5 min or more.

If the Resume feature is working for longer tracks, then it might be advantageous to merge your Audiobooks into a single file (at least for use with the WDTV; you could keep the separate tracks elsewhere.)