Resume from last playback and fast-forward issues

HI,

I have been trying for the last few days to work out what is worng but cant work it out. 

The issue i have is i have been watching a film on my WDTV Live Streaming and stopped it 2 thirds of the way through. I then came back to it the next day and pressed play and it said do i want to resume from last played or from beginning, i choose resume from last played and all it does is start from where it should do but fast forwards the film until the end and then stops, i cant stop it and press play or anything. I get the same issue when i try and fast forward to the point i was on the file and then press play when i reacht eh point. IS anyone else having this issue?

Most likely a poorly encoded file.

What kind of file is it?

The file is XVID fiel i got from a friend i dont know any more details.

Your file is fine, it’s the WD’s fault.

Your WD is fine, it’s the file’s fault.

confused now by 2 differnet answers, will try otehr files i have and see if get same result or not.

Techflaws wrote:

Your WD is fine, it’s the file’s fault.

The infamous magical files which only misbehave during the second playback. Gotta notify Merlin and David Copperfield.

schwurbel wrote
The infamous magical files which only misbehave during the second playback. Gotta notify Merlin and David Copperfield.

Or how about working on your reading comprehension instead?