Restore hdd to NTFS

Hello, I have a “WD my passport essential 1 TB”. Since I use mac and have a time machine backupdevice I followed the manual instructions and formated my external drive to the “GUID” format. Then later when my TV couldn´t find the drive I noticed that it only can read NTFS formats. So now I want to remove my GUID partition and restore it to the NTFS format. 

I would be really glad if someone could help me with this, otherwise I don´t have any use for this device…

here you have full instructions from the wd website

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0NDk3NjkxMy9zaWQvSypuNVZIM2w%3D/kw/how%20to%20format%20a%20drive%20to%20ntfs/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0NDk3NjkxMy9zaWQvSypuNVZIM2w=

Keep in mind that changing the partition on the unit will erase all the information on the drive.

I also tried to find the answer there before, but when I´m on the mac I can´t find a way to format it to NTFS. Now it says “Mac OS extended(journaled)” after I downloaded the WD quick formater for mac. I think if I could download the windows version it would format it to NTFS… 

So the only way to restore it when it´s mac formated, is to install wd quick install on a pc and there reformat it?