Restarting twonky service

Does anyone know how to reset and restart the twonky server?  My media server (DLNA service) stopped working after a month.  I can mount the shared volumes and access the media.  I noticed that twonky is not running on the device.  I see the following error in one of the log files.

02:36:53:817 createTable(itemTable,“Item”) failedFile: …/…/…/server/sqlite/item.cFunction: dbx_item_initLine: 15302:36:53:914 dbx_item_init() failedFile: …/…/…/server/sqlite/adapter.cFunction: dbx_modules_initLine: 234

Looks like a corrupted database.  Does anyone know how to force twonky to recreate the db and restart?  I tried everything from multiple reboot to factory reset.  

Thanks for your help,

1 Like

If a factory reset didn’t help then I’d call WD for a replacement…

Go to the ip address of the Hub in a browser of a computer on the same network. , login , default password is admin, media, launch twonkey server, go to settings, maintenance and you can rebuild database or restart twonky. You may have to tweak the sharing options, I had problems that I solved this way.

Hallo,

everytime I try to do 

southafricanrob wrote:
Go to the ip address of the Hub in a browser of a computer on the same network. , login , default password is admin, media, launch twonkey server, go to settings, maintenance and you can rebuild database or restart twonky. You may have to tweak the sharing options, I had problems that I solved this way.

what you suggest, I’am ask to enter a username (I do not know). Therefore I cannot enter the maintainance. Does anybody how the username is set?

southafricanrob wrote:

In my case, TWonky Server itself is not starting.  Note my first post.  There seems to be some error due to which server startup fails. I can get into maintenance mode only if TWony server starts.