Request: Retire java applet requirement from wd2go browsing

Hi!

Can you replace the java applet requirement in the wd2go site with something better (ie: not obsolete and disabled by most browsers)

This would be the best solution for me (and likely others).  Lots of your competitors don’t require java applets in the web view to work. simple AJAX stuff (or GWT if you’re so inclined) would probably replace 99% of what you do

The main reason for asking is that I use a lot of linux boxes, and you don’t have client software for that (so I can’t use the cloud features when out of the office) and it’s also a right pain to enable java applet support in the browser (it should work with whatever is the ‘default’ in any browser)

You’d probably be better off implementing something using Google Web Toolkit (GWT) or vaadin that everyone can use out of thx box with a minimum of fuss :slight_smile:

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Personal Cloud Ideas

Regards,