[REQUEST] New Features - Please put all your requests in this thread

Support for SubStation Alpha subtitle files:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubStation_Alpha

Only basic support is included. Files that use this usually do not display correctly when using these advanced features.

FF and RW better functions.

THUMBNAILS THUMBNAILS THUMBNAILS.  something HAS to be done about them, they are not working very well at all.

Not sure if this has alreday been requested, but access to BBCi player would be nice.

I second this request.  Please support forced subtitles.  I have watched District 9 and you’re right, what the hell’s going on?

forcible subs worked PERFECT with my District 9 movie.

if you found your copy online, perhaps it was a bad copy. 

HW supports it, so why not:

Support TrueHD, DTS-HD and LPCM surround bitstreaming from ALL containers!

I still have an old Audiotron device and still looking for something that can match what it does.   Maybe WD TV Live?  

1.  Brower Interface wanted to play music:  

I see plenty of products out there on the market that can play mp3’s from my share drive, but all have a clunky interface via the tv screen and remote.   What the Audiotron did 7 or so years ago was allowed mp3’s to be played via a web interface.   It had a browser based interface that allowed me to select mp3s or m3u playlists.   Way ahead of its time and nothing I see out there now can do that.   I don’t want to turn on my tv to play music.   

2.  One better - iphone app to control my WD TV.  Now that would two up anything else out there.  

I’d be happy with #1, but add #2 and it would be outstanding.

I bought a Samsung BDP3600 because it advertised it could play network mp3s.   It can but the interface is horrible and anyone with more than 100 albums would never use it.   TV & remote is the interface and it won’t play m3u playlists.   I got took.

Someone should close this thread. All written here is ignored, you need to post ideas in the ideas forum.

Ability to switch/toggle between “Normal (4:3)” and “Widescreen (16:9)” while watching video and not having to go all the back to the settings menu to do this.

Another request is a slideshow option when viewing your local pictures.  Also, it would be nice if the slideshow automatically went into playing videos as well.  USB keyboard support is nice, but I don’t search youtube as much as I use the WD TV Live to simply play videos.  Hulu streaming, or an identifyable linux option to stream Hulu to the WD TV Live is higher on my priority list

Hey  how about making the folders explorer command less onerous?  Right now when I browse by Artist among my thousands of MP3 files, each of whom is organized by folders, I get 8 big icons of folders at a time, which I have to scroll through one by one to read the folder titles. I have hundreds of artists’ MP3s and that is woefully inefficient.  I just want to see a list of, say, 20 artists per page and then scroll through pages until i see the name I want.  I know I can also search for a name ,but i want the ability to just browse when I’m looking for nothing in particular.  How about updating the firmware to allow this?  It would increase the utility a billion-fold.

jbloggs wrote:

Ability to switch/toggle between “Normal (4:3)” and “Widescreen (16:9)” while watching video and not having to go all the back to the settings menu to do this.

you can do this on your TV remote.  that’s where i do mine.  and yes, i’m connect via HDMI and it still works.

4:3, 16:9, WIDE FIT.  i can toggle between all of them, no problem.

sort folders (pictures, music, etc) by DATE both newest and oldest first

brucered wrote:

jbloggs wrote:

you can do this on your TV remote.  that’s where i do mine.  and yes, i’m connect via HDMI and it still works.

4:3, 16:9, WIDE FIT.  i can toggle between all of them, no problem.

Unfortunatley it does not work with my TV and I have read other people’s posts where it doen’t work for them either, so the best solution which work for all is for WD people to put the exiting option for this as part of the options that are available via the “Options” button.

Stop posting ideas in this thread please - there is a forum for ideas, they are just ignored here.

whattheheck wrote:

Stop posting ideas in this thread please - there is a forum for ideas, they are just ignored here.

I guess that makes it pretty much the same as posting it in the ideas section, it’s ignored there too.

Actually WDC pretty much seems to ignore this whole forum

DVD9 ripped to ISO with out menus!

after seeing the Oplay updates, i think we might have purchased the wrong box

how about a MAJOR firmware update, like the ASUS recent firmware. some DVD MENUS, KEYBOARD SUPPORT, NETWORK MEDIA folder fix (double thumbnails etc), ALL MEDIA SHOWS UP.

O!Play HDP-R1 firmware update (For NTSC TV system user)
Internet service:

1. Over 20,000 internet radio stations
  2. Over 100 internet TV channels
  3. Flickr
  4. Picasa
  5. Weather
    New functions:
  6. Add BD iso navigation and subtitle identification
  7. Add BD/DVD direct play by folder
  8. Add hue and saturation tuning in video setup menu
  9. Add Brazil language support
  10. Add power saving function in system setup menu
  11. Add WiFi manual configuration
  12. Add My shortcut edit function
    Fixed bugs:
  13. Fix UPnP bug: wrong data information
  14. Fix Timezone setting bug: can’t stop issue
  15. Fix Clear key does not work when key in encrypted string
  16. Improve JiPin 8042 HDMI compatibility

Please add Language support to file search functionality.

Currently, there is no way to search for a file if the file name is in different labguage (i.e. russian).

In the search window you can only input English characters.

The inability to stream Netflix videos from my Netflix account is the ONLY thing stopping me from acquiring the WD TV Live hardware now.  I’ve read in a number of reviews that WD may add this ability in future updates to firmware.  Will wait 'til then.   Â