REQUEST: Delete File or Folder Directly. Frequently Requested!

File/Folder Delete from browsing menus, not just through File Management. This has been requested many, many times here over years. We have seen so many unnecessary features added but still no direct delete. It could be very simply added to the option menu when a file or folder is selected, with appropriate confirm dialogs of course, same as in File Management. The WD Hub has always had this feature, along with most if not all the competition – why not the WD Live Plus??

Forcing users to blindly navigate through a  long directory tree to find a file that they just watched and had selected is a huge hassle, and significantly increases the chances that they’ll delete the wrong file, especially with long filenames, serialized filenames, etc.  And then they’re faced with having to navigate all the way back through the same long directory tree to watch the next video!

A few users here have opposed direct delete due to fears that their children will accidentally delete files. I don’t understand how a child could “accidentally” press Option, navigate to Delete, press enter, select Yes, then press enter again to delete. If parents need more protection from their children than this, they should simply request Parental Controls or  a setting to disable direct delete. I don’t see anyone on the Hub forum requesting to remove direct delete from the WD Hub because of accidental deletions.

So what’s the hold up?? Please push push push for this basic usability feature on the WD Live too. Thanks.

woodywdl, your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Live & Live Plus Ideas

Regards,