Repository with software worked on v4 firmware

@sanke

@avdstege

Have you tried http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/APP-NZBGet-v15-0-for-firmware-V4-06-2015/td-p/881356

I think we will all be very happy an solve many software problems when your DSM port will be ready for this nas. I just hope that the smb speed will be at least at 60mb/s :smiley:

this is great stuff in there. Ā any luck in getting snmp included ? Ā I havenā€™t seen it.Ā 

Hi Fox,

ok ill start with the obvious im a noob.

Moving on just wanted to if you have winrar in your repo?

and if you do what are the instructions to install it to the mycloud?

thanks

Winrar - propriaritary software (Source code not available).

Install p7zip-rar or unrar/unrar-free instead.

thanks

Hi Fox_exe, thanks for all the work and for making this public!

Any chance you could include a DHCP server? isc-dhcp-server should be standardā€¦

Thanks, AlcatrazZ

Can you spare some time for vlc player for MC firmware 4?

I want to use my MC as a streaming server using VLC.

barana wrote:

Not best idea - too weak CPU.

Fox_exe wrote:

barana wrote:

Not best idea - too weak CPU.

Thank you for the reply.

I know that the cpu on My Cloud is not so efficient for those things.

But, maybe itā€™s ok if I can run vlc server in the command line mode only.

I tried it with Raspberry 2 and found that the cpu usage went as high as around 28% when I used the vlc server.

I think that I might endure those cpu level for my My cloud.

So, could you reconsider compiling for firmware 4?

Any chance rsnapshot could be added to the repo?

I think only liblchown-perl needs to be compiled.

The thread is getting hit pretty infrequently so I just want to confirm that this repo is ok with the latest firmware v04.04.01-112.
I have this correct, right? Iā€™m not installing new firmware just compatible programs for version 4 stock. So thereā€™s no need to clean install or anythingā€¦
My main interest is using mysql for a unified media library but I have concerns about the cpu being able to run it efficiently. Iā€™ve already disabled lots of services that run on stock so just looking for insights.

repo should still work with v04.04 (Iā€™m still on v04.01.04-422)

You can also try this package [APP] WebHosting for firmware V4+ (10/2015)
It should be more up to date

Thanks. I appreciate the reply. I did post in another thread but havenā€™t heard backā€¦a lot of people downgraded to version 3 from 4 but that option has obviously been around a long time so Iā€™m also wondering if there is ANY reason at this point to consider a downgrade (I checked. apparently the method is still valid for late firmware like mine.)
Iā€™ve disabled a few services, and with the v4 repo you can install programs. Is there any other known reason to downgrade?ā€“bugs? performance? Some people are still looking to downgrade so Iā€™m wondering if theyā€™re just unaware of this repo or if they have other reasons.

With v3 you can ā€œeasilyā€ install any software from the debian repo not worrying about 64k support, also btsync etc. works too. With v4 not so much. And this 64k repo is far from complete (compared to debian repo)ā€¦ so you need to check your requirements first.

I like the smb speed in v4, thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m using it. (and bcs. transmission and php are working well in v4 :D)

in short:

• v4 better network speed
  • v3 better software support

Thanks a lot! Yeah. That was one of the things I noticed when looking around the forum. My needs are relatively simple. If I can get MC to do the work of unifying my media library with the added bonus of using programs like nzbget thatā€™s great, but I can accomplish that in other ways. One thing I DO require is at least decent and reliable smb speeds. Thatā€™s how I watch 90% of the media in my house.
Looks like Iā€™m sticking with version 4. Since disabling a bunch of services Iā€™ve had no issues, but I also turned of energy saver. Iā€™m going to try turning it on again and hope for the best but before that I got regular freezes/pauses on certain files.

@Fox_exe: could you build git or make it so I can install one of the libcurl-*-dev packages in chroot? Trying to build hangoutsbot and canā€™t because of this problem!

@Fox_exe Is possible to port Deluge? Thanks!

@Fox_exe

maybe itā€™s not that difficult to integrate JDownloader, we can use headless mode and control it with my.jdownloader.org. IMHO the only thing to solve is a working Java:

Could you please have a second look to this problem? I fear to brick my cloud mirror while trying it for aloneā€¦

I need this, too.

1 Like

Added rTorrent. Please, test it.

About jDownloader - Tell me, what you need for run this and i try compile it. (openjdk-7-jre already sheduled for compilation)