Repository with software worked on v4 firmware

Thanks Fox_exe.
I installed dos2unix from your repo.[http://anionix.ddns.net/dists/wheezy-64k/main/binary-armhf/dos2unix_6.0-1_armhf.deb]. But when i try to run it or try to convert a file it just says “killed”

nas1:/shares/data/Drivers/scripts# dpkg -i dos2unix_6.0-1_armhf.deb
Selecting previously unselected package dos2unix.
(Reading database … 25618 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking dos2unix (from dos2unix_6.0-1_armhf.deb) …
Setting up dos2unix (6.0-1) …
Processing triggers for man-db …

nas1:/shares/data/Drivers/scripts# dos2unix test.txt
Killed

I wish the My Cloud Mirror forums were this activate. It has the some apps but alot more community activity here.

Link in post:148

HELP, rsync 3.1.1-3 link is dead!

http://fox-exe.ru/dists/wheezy-64k/main/binary-armhf/rsync_3.0.9-4_armhf.deb

Thanks but 3.0.9 does not have the --usermap and --groupmap options.

!!! CAREFULL !!!

Don’t use dist-uprade operation with this repository on the latest V4 firmware.
I did it sucessfully… and I’ve rebooted… now, I’ve requested a RMA.
(White fix LED, ssh refused, http out of work. Brick)

I don’t know what’s happened, the only warning (with the moving of wd-nas package information to allow logrotate to be upgraded) was on the LSB not compliant format for SSH! No error!

wd-nas - is meta-package. If something happend with hem - he uninstall all packages in your device (Include network modules and ssh server)
Use Chroot!!!

Is there any chance to get a recent version of unrar for 64k?

unrar, unrar-free and p7zip-rar already available in my repo.

Yeah, but the version 4 if I’m not wrong. I would need the version 5 :\

I’ve just checked whats the recent version and apparently it looks like it’s version 5.30
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-5.3.0.tar.gz
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarlinux-x64-5.3.0.tar.gz
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/rarbsd-5.3.0.tar.gz

(not sure whats the basement for 64k :frowning: )

Would be great if you could upload a version, as all downloads I’m doing are archived with version 5 and therefore end up in an error.
If there is anything I could do, please let me know :slight_smile:

PS: I’ve got SABnzbd running :slight_smile: Downloaded the required libraries from your Repo, which was working flawless! I highly appreciate your work! Cheers!

I tried to install Transmission v2.84 from jessie,but there are some mistakes,it shows:

Can you help me?

MyCloud is based on Debian wheezy, not jessie. So you are trying to install for a different (later) version of Debian linux. Therefore it will report that a number of packages are out of date.

More importantly, if you are trying to install from a standard Debian repository, then the packages will be built with a 4K page size, not the 64K page size used by v4 firmware MyClouds.

Do not try to install from standard Debian repositories to the MyCloud; you are likely to brick your device. That’s why this thread and v4 software repository exists…

1 Like

Jessie repo still in progress. Not full and not tested.
But in future jessie repo can provide OMV + Patched samba + 64k patches, of course.

Im trying to install mysql, but im getting erros.
Any help?

WDMyCloud:~# apt-get install mysql-server
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libass5 : Depends: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.11) but 2.9.0-7.1 is to be installed
Depends: libfreetype6 (>= 2.4.10) but 2.4.9-1.1 is to be installed
libbluray1 : Depends: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.11) but 2.9.0-7.1 is to be installed
Recommends: libaacs0 but it is not installable
libgnutls-deb0-28 : Depends: libp11-kit0 (>= 0.20.7) but 0.12-3 is to be installed
libqtcore4 : Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 5.2) but 4.7.2-5 is to be installed
libqtdbus4 : Depends: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.9.14) but 1.6.8-1+deb7u1 is to be installed
libssh-gcrypt-4 : Depends: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.12.1+dfsg-2) but 1.10.1+dfsg-5+deb7u1 is to be installed
libxi6 : Depends: libx11-6 (>= 2:1.6.0) but 2:1.5.0-1+deb7u1 is to be installed
Depends: libxext6 but it is not installable
libxrender1 : Depends: libx11-6 (>= 2:1.6.0) but 2:1.5.0-1+deb7u1 is to be installed
libxtst6 : Depends: libx11-6 (>= 2:1.6.0) but 2:1.5.0-1+deb7u1 is to be installed
libzvbi0 : Depends: libzvbi-common (= 0.2.35-9) but it is not installable
mysql-server : Depends: mysql-server-5.5 but it is not going to be installed
openjdk-8-jre-headless : Depends: liblcms2-2 (>= 2.2+git20110628) but it is not installable
Depends: libjpeg62-turbo (>= 1.3.1) but it is not installable
Depends: util-linux (>= 2.26.2-4) but 2.20.1-5.3 is to be installed
python-openssl : Depends: python-support (>= 0.90.0) but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).
WDMyCloud:~#

Well, first of all thanks for all the good work, Fox_Exe.
The fact this whole repo exists and you already compiled so many packages is amazing, yet I do have another request for you.

I have been trying to compile the Subversion package for wheezy-64k, yet so far I’ve not managed to properly set anything up or build it.
It keeps telling me that ‘building as root is not supported’ even though I am absolutely not using root at the point where I run the build.sh file…

Right now I am at the point of giving up so I hoped you would be able to compile Subversion for me or advise me how to solve the ‘building as root’ error, since it is clearly wrong…

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your repo and it is really nice to have so many app precompiled.
May I know if it is possible to have “Squid” to be included in your list?
Our device is too “powerful” to run most of the app in the list, however, squid on the other hand is a good one that will fit into this tiny device. Hope you can help with it. Thanks.

Will these packages work on v4.04.Can I use ffmpeg to capture rtsp stream to mp4 on wdmycloud,seeing that it has limited processing power.

Well, got a little further with the subversion compiling…
Got as far as successfully compiling the Subversion package version 1.8.10…
(link to compiled .deb file)

Yet

For some reason it did not compile the mod_dav_svn.so & mod_authz.svn.so files with it…
Tried to compile Apache2 for our firmware in hope that I could recompile subversion after including the .so files, but apache2 requires OpenSSL, which on itself apparently required BerkeleyDB. And I fail to properly install BerkeleyDB…

Any way you can help me out with this or have the ability to compile the .so files yourself?
I would very much appreciate it @Fox_exe

I cant compile libgcc++6 (glibc) on Jessie, so i cant prepare full jessie repository. Its usable only for upgrade packages in wheezy chroot…

About Subversion and git - Have some errors too… Maybe i cant compile dependencies… Maybe can… Just wait…