Replacement of WD Hard Disk not received since 4 months

I had sent a WD 500 GB hard disk for replacement on 8th October 2010.  RMA no. [deleted]. I am waiting for the replacement for more than 4 months.

I am taking continues followup on toll free no 18002005789 and 1800119393, and also I had sent mails to [deleted].  I have to try too hard to get the line. And when I get the line I have to wait 20-30 min to talk to the executive. The person says that the hard disk has been delivered. On the website of  RMX courier, it shows it has been delivered to Mr. Vijay in New Delhi. It has been misrouted. I have not received at my address. Everytime the person gives me promise that I will get the hard disk in 2 days, or they will call me back. But this never happened. No reply to my mails also. I am really getting frustrated now. Pl help me to get back my hard disk.

Thanks.

Really Pathetic services by WD…

Same here in India as well…It takes 6 months fo WD to Deliver the Drives back to Customers…

Anyone have any Idea asif where do we complain about the same???

Just wondering why oxter (moderator) did not respond to your message but quick enough to delete RMA# and the email address. This is not the way of doing things. Anyway I am hopeful that Community manager Bill_S would respond to your post in a positive manner. Or you can send a personal message to Bill using following link with all your details including serial number of the sent device.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/6

This not the first time WD support in India failed to respond in timely manner. I am suspecting some executives in WD support in India are playing games with WD customers. WD should take swift and decisive actions to identify and fire those individuals or it will undeniably tarnish WD image in India.

Mabkay wrote:

Just wondering why oxter (moderator) did not respond to your message but quick enough to delete RMA# and the email address. This is not the way of doing things. Anyway I am hopeful that Community manager Bill_S would respond to your post in a positive manner. Or you can send a personal message to Bill using following link with all your details including serial number of the sent device.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/6

This not the first time WD support in India failed to respond in timely manner. I am suspecting some executives in WD support in India are playing games with WD customers. WD should take swift and decisive actions to identify and fire those individuals or it will undeniably tarnish WD image in India.

I deleted the RMA number, because is against the community guidelines to post this information. Also, I escalated this issue to the correct department, I’m just a moderator, I pointed this issues to Bill.

I did sent a PM to the user, to let him know that this was escalated.

Mabkay wrote:

Just wondering why oxter (moderator) did not respond to your message but quick enough to delete RMA# and the email address.

Isn’t posting serial numbers, RMA numbers or personal e-mails a violation of the user guidelines? :neutral_face:

Any regular user (Like me) could have reported that post to the MODS because it breaks the rules…

Oxter,

I am perfectly aware of privacy requirements and community guidelines.  It seems that I wasn’t myself clear on the point I was concerned. When anyone looks in to originator’s post, it shows only the edited version of the post. If you took little time to reply on this thread in addition to PM the originator I wouldn’t have to raise this issue.

I appreciate you for taking steps to escalate subjected issue without a delay. Keep up the good work!

ThePizzaMatrix,

Please read my reply to Oxter.

Thank you.

Hey its cool to know that im not the only one with that prob. My HD was first slow then a HD tool said too many physical errors…so what? the HD is only 1year old^^  Then i went to my brother to backup my data…the HD doesnt work anymore^^ Yeah great with pee in my eyes(2TB data for trash) i went to the store owner where i buyed the HD. After 2 months i ask him where my HD is, he said that he send it to WD and now he is waiting too.

I had a WD HD for 5years ago and that HD was strange. Every month the sata cable was damaged and i sweared i never buy WD again bubt then i buyed it again but now i know it better :frowning:

Oh! My God, I have to wait for another three months for getting my HD replaced.

Leave alone replacement, my HD has not been even pickied up by WD for the last one month.

Can you inform how much time it took WD to replace your HD.

Hello,

After posting the issue, WD team is taking steps to resolve this issue. I received your PMs.

Today morning I received a  call from WD saying that my hard disk has been shipped out today and it will reach to me in 2-3 days. I got the docket no. of the courier. Now  I hope that I will get the hard disk. I will let you know when I get it.

I wish WD to do something about the toll free no. 18002005789 and 1800119393, so that we can get the line. Its is too too hard to get the line and talk to the executive. We have to spend hours to get it.

Thanks a lot.

Im really, really disappointed the one that actually stands for quality, such a service is extremely poor. I think I will sell the hard drive and select a different manufacturer. again I would not have this trouble.
Clearly, no further recommendations for Western Digital.