Repair burnt out blue LED on My Cloud

Where do I send my My Cloud to get the blue LED repaired.

I read a post that someone changed it on the master board, put a new one on.

If I send this to WD will they fix it.

It is annoying. I did reprogram the device to use the green LED.

How do I get this fixed. Makes me wonder if WD will even fix their products?

@RLMWD Do you have OS3 or OS5?

v04.05.00-342

Where do I send my My Cloud to get the blue LED repaired. You don’t
I read a post that someone changed it on the master board, put a new one on.
If I send this to WD will they fix it. NO
It is annoying. I did reprogram the device to use the green LED.
How do I get this fixed. You dont
Makes me wonder if WD will even fix their products? They wont

And worst of all, WD is cutting off all support (including remote communication) to your device next year!

Not correct: WD is not cutting off support next year.

This is a Gen 1 MyCloud: This product hasn’t been sold for years. . .and was EOL from a hardware view a few years ago.

The OS/3 firmware has only been updated for it; because it is essentially the same firmware used across the entire product line. And OS/3 has not had a serious update in a year or two. . . because the new OS/5 is the update.

Bottom line: They have ALREADY cut all support EXCEPT remote communication. That goes next year. Time to hardware shop.

Well, given that the only support they have been giving for the Gen 1 MyCloud (remote communication), they ARE cutting off ALL support next year.

But, yes, time to hardware shop!

You’ll have to either repair it yourself or pay some local PC repair shop to repair it. Live with the reprogramed green color. Or just live with it burned out. The first gen single bay My Cloud (v4.x firmware) has been end of support for a few years now and is long past it’s warranty expiration date for most owners.

The reality is (if folks were not aware) WD previously terminated software support for the first gen single bay My Cloud and a number of other My Cloud units. They are just now making it official by terminating all OS3 support after April 15, 2022. The first gen single bay My Cloud was manufactured between approx 2013 through 2016.

Product Lifecycle Support Policy
https://shop.westerndigital.com/support/software/software-life-cycle-policy

Standard Updates: Up to eight years after Western Digital releases a product, we provide standard software support. This consists of updates with new features, OS compatibility patches as new versions are rolled out, removal of certain features that are no longer compatible, bug fixes to address known issues, and security updates to address security vulnerabilities.

Limited Updates. Eight years after a product’s launch and until the start of its ninth year, Western Digital provides Limited Updates. Bug fixes, updates for new features, and OS compatibility patches may stop, but Western Digital will continue to provide security updates to address critical issues.

End of Updates and End of Support . Nine years after a product’s release, we may discontinue all updates, including critical software security updates. Western Digital may also discontinue cloud service support for a product in this phase. If a product feature depends on cloud services to function, that functionality will end.

WD Product Software Support Status
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28740