Renaming files?

When I rename a file on my PC then copy to “My Book” external HD then play it on my WD streaming player…it doesnt save my rename …it uses the old name …only if i go to my files on my WD live player then go to options & rename there… it shows up but doesnt save the new rename ??

Hello, 

Sound like the media player is not rescanning the drive.

You can try deleting a folder that is created by the media player on the drive called (.wd_tv) this will help the media player to rescann the drive and update the information.

I’ll try that when I get home…and will let you know…

ERmorel wrote:

Hello, 

Sound like the media player is not rescanning the drive.

You can try deleting a folder that is created by the media player on the drive called (.wd_tv) this will help the media player to rescann the drive and update the information.

ERmorel

I am having problems with the database on my own MyBookLive & would like to see if deleting the wd-tv file would help. However I can’t see it on my MBL drive. I am using windows 7 so how do I access it?

Advice appreciated.

@ pittro12

sounds like the file has an embedded tag

eg. it’s happened to me a few times … if there is embedded tag the WDTV will display that 1st, if there is no tag it will display the filename.

so, if there is a tag … it doesent matter how many times you rename the file, it will always display the embedded filename

mostly happened with mp4’s for me … which then i used  mp3tag to remove the tag

yes I retag the files with mp3tag…works fine but I have to turn off …“get Content info” because if not it changes the renaming…