Removing Twonky Media web Browser for upload of files to WD live hub

Hi,

I was wondering how i can remove the twonky media web browser for uploading files to my WD live tv hub as i find twonky a pain to use and transfers between my computer and the hub very rairly work using this method.

Before i updated the firmware on my wd live tv hub i was able to simply open up my “network” on my computer, double click on “wdlivetvhub” and it would open a folder where all the files store on my hub where located which  made it easy to transfer files to the hub from the computer however i can no longer do this, i now have to go to the twonky media web browser UI page to “upload” files to my wdlivetvhub. 

The hub use to appear under the heading “computer” in within the “network” on windows 7, now it appears under “media devices”

How do i change this back?

PS: i use windows 7 pro

It should appear as BOTH. 

relphick87 wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering how i can remove the twonky media web browser for uploading files to my WD live tv hub as i find twonky a pain to use and transfers between my computer and the hub very rairly work using this method.

Before i updated the firmware on my wd live tv hub i was able to simply open up my “network” on my computer, double click on “wdlivetvhub” and it would open a folder where all the files store on my hub where located which  made it easy to transfer files to the hub from the computer however i can no longer do this, i now have to go to the twonky media web browser UI page to “upload” files to my wdlivetvhub. 

The hub use to appear under the heading “computer” in within the “network” on windows 7, now it appears under “media devices”

How do i change this back?

PS: i use windows 7 pro

If you right click on the Twonky icon in your network, you have the option to Uninstall. I have NO idea what will happen if you uninstall it but the option is there.

FYI: I installed the new firmware yesterday and all is working like it should be as far as seeing it on the network and accessing it. No change because of the upgrade.

I’ve had problems at times seeing the Hub on just one of my PC’s that is wireless. Sometimes the Hub just isn’t there until I disable the NIC card and the Enable it in Windows Network and Sharing Center:Change Adapter Settings. Then it’ll show up like it should. So you might try that on your PC and see if it helps.

Just sayin’ what works for me…

I tried that with no luck. Im not sure why but trying to transfer file through the network seems to be impossible with the live hub for me, will have to stick with the USB for now until the issue is fixed. Any other ideas?

Have you tried to download the WD Link software?

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1010&sid=110&lang=en