Remove folder, move content? - My Book World Edition 2TB

As a man I Of course I stared without reading, in my mind this was plug & play. And I stil have to catch up to make this machine a supporting friend insted of… And before I know what happened I quickly had configured 4 different accounts with no idea what, where or why I should save and changed the name to MyStorage.

So that was easy!

After that I started so to move “all” files from the computers in the network to  the Public folder, everything I have should be public to some people. I toke me 7 days to move 360 GB over the local network to MyStorage, is that really okay?  

After this I’m started to think, is this really the folders I want the files to be, or should I move them to a different account? While thinking I tried to re:name the folders but the system kept putting the original Public folder names back  “Shared…”.

But somehow I managed to change one of the folder to Shared Vidooooo, a stupid name so of course I want to remove it and including the test file i put in it. But it seams to be impossible, can change the name, move it, but not remove the file or the folder.

Also, when i tried/started to move the files from the Public account to another account it seams like the time stood still, 500MB or so toke me 25 minutes???

So my question are,

1. How to remove the file and folder described above?

2. Should it take me X days to move the files into MyStorage?

3. What’s the fastest way to move files from the Public folder to the new folder MyStorage with sub folders?

Thank’s for all help!

Regards

Mr Ola Sannerholm

I toke me 7 days to move 360 GB over the local network to MyStorage, is that really okay?

Defenitly NO. That’s 3 MB/s!!, thats realy slow. It should have in an 100mbit LAN 7-8mb/s.

What’s the fastest way to move files from the Public folder to the new folder MyStorage with sub folders?

Copy all content to an USB HDD an after that connect this to the NAS and use the intern Copy Manager, so u get about 16-18mb/s.

It took me about 3 days, to move 1TB from another My Book External, to my 1TB MBWE. The copy manager and rear usb connection on the MBWE are definitely much faster. Were you transfering the 360GB wirelessly, because that would seem to explain the slow transfer speed. As far as wireless data transfer is concerned, we’re gonna have to wait for the higher gigabit LAN connections (10-gigabit ports), and the newer wireless-N routers (new D-Link Touch router coming out later this year that is capable of 450MB/s wireless transfers) before we can expect to transfer high amounts of data (360GB+) wirelessly at decent speeds.