Removal of smartware, ie fix a broken design

This is a continuation of

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Smartware/How-do-I-remove-this-smartware-software-from-my-drive/td-p/17/page/4

as the issue is NOT closed. The partition still cannot be removed, which causes issues when this drive is plugged into many different machines (including gaming consoles which cannot figure out [deleted] to do with it).

My wife bought this for me a couple months ago, and it is a passable external for use with a PC. Now that I need it for a different system, I find that 1. it cant work because of this useless partition 2. theres no way to remove it.[deleted] kind of [deleted] is this? The LAST time is waste cash on a WD [deleted] do you not even listen to[deleted] wont work on many machines, and even on a standard PC youll get spam on plug-in with a worthless manager you cant ever remove cause we wanna shove it down your [deleted] throat’.

[deleted]

This is not a WD support forum it’s a users forum for USERS to help each other so put a sock in it and  explain with some detail what you are trying to do with useful info like which drive you have and what OSs you are trying to use. If you try being civil maybe you can get some help.

Joe

thummper wrote:

This is a continuation of

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Smartware/How-do-I-remove-this-smartware-software-from-my-drive/td-p/17/page/4

as the issue is NOT closed. The partition still cannot be removed, which causes issues when this drive is plugged into many different machines (including gaming consoles which cannot figure out [deleted] to do with it).

My wife bought this for me a couple months ago, and it is a passable external for use with a PC. Now that I need it for a different system, I find that 1. it cant work because of this useless partition 2. theres no way to remove it.[deleted] kind of [deleted] is this? The LAST time is waste cash on a WD [deleted] do you not even listen to[deleted] wont work on many machines, and even on a standard PC youll get spam on plug-in with a worthless manager you cant ever remove cause we wanna shove it down your [deleted] throat’.

[deleted]

Did you try hiding the partition to see if that would take care of it?  Also, what other machines are you talking about trying to use it on that it doesn’t work?  Are there possible format issues on those machines, where they can’t read a drive formatted in NTFS?  More information would be helpful.