Remote video streaming error

Having real issues with my 2TB My Cloud.

I have uploaded a 500mb MP4 File to test the streaming functionailty to my “Public Video” default folder. When on the same home network, it works fine. This issue is that, once off the network and using either UK 4G or another Wifi connection via my iPhone 5S, or accessing it remotely from my work desikop, the file fails to connect. It looks like it is loading the file, but the screen stays the same for well over 10 minutes. 

Good someone with greater interlect than my own please aid me - it’s extremely frustrating! 

Many Thanks 

Is your internet speed capable of maintaining the required bandwidth to stream that file?

Have you tried “downloading” the file instead of streaming it?

I am currently on a wifi connection on my iPhone with 10mb download. Neither the movie streams, and opening a 2mb picture takes a minute.

Same case with accessing through the same connection on my desktop:

My home connection is 70mb BT infinity.

I’m gutted as envisaged this cloud to work seamlessly like Dropbox etc…

Is there anything in settings I could do to prove the performance and connection speed? X

You didn’t answer any of my questions.

I just downloaded a 240 MB M4V file from my MBL to my desktop – took about 2.5 minutes.

I have 40 Mbit/sec internet UPLOAD speed at home, and the internet access where I am right now is like 500 Mbit/second.

Looks like you’ve got a bottleneck between you and your MBL.

askltk86 wrote:
Is there anything in settings I could do to prove the performance and connection speed? X

Nope…

Sorry Tony, having to write this on my phone as not near a desktop.

I tried to transfer the file onto my desktop remotely - it took 58 minutes.

My home upload speed with BT infinity is 20mb. I’m using an apple airport time capsular as my router (would this effect performance?).

Is there a way to locate the potential bottleneck?

Run a speed test at home.  Your upload speed at home will determine the download speed on the remote end.

askltk86 wrote:
Is there a way to locate the potential bottleneck?

No, not really…  and even if you could, there’s not much you can do about it.   That’s the life of the Internet.

Ran the speed check - download 73.40Mbs, upload 16.61Mbs.

Now that I’m connected on the home wifi network (the same as the cloud), it all works perfectly.

I would also add that when uploading files from a WD passport (60gb of Photos) to the Cloud wirlessly, the transfer crashes and fails. I’m not sure if this is the same issue, but another item thats bugging me.

Any thoughts on a potential fix?