Remote not responding while streaming

For some reason the media player stops responding to the remote once it starts to stream. I can use the remote to navigate to any function I want. Once I start to play a streaming file from my media server the player will not respond to remote commands. I do not see the spinning arrow all the time but sometimes it comes up. I have tried my Harmony remote and two different WD TV LIve remotes and nothing. I tried to do a factory reset and it still has the same problem. I do find it odd that when I do a factory reset there are no firmware upgrades available. Sometimes I can get a command through, like fast forward, but then all functionality from the remote stops. Could it be a network problem because just rewired my network. Any help at all would be appreciated.

hootie318 wrote:

I do find it odd that when I do a factory reset there are no firmware upgrades available. …

Could it be a network problem because just rewired my network. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Factory Reset doesn’t modify firmware.  So if you’re already at the latest firmware, you still will be after a reset.

To test if it’s a network issue, but some media on a USB disk, disconnect your WDTV from the network, connect the USB disk, and play it from there.