Remote control problem

Hello,

i just received my live hub.

But just after 1h hour playing with it, the left and bottom buttons on the remote does not work.

Any solution?

I’ve tried with the wdtv gen1 remote and i can navigate without problem.

Yeah, I’ve had a bit of trouble with my remote too. No buttons flat-out don’t work, but I have had to do a bit of mashing. And sometimes I’ll find that I have to push a button more than once to get a response.

Not sure what you can do about it, though.

I’m just fortunate that i’ve also that wdtv gen 1 remote control.

Now the left button works but the sorting button no longer works.

lol,

Is it related to the latest firmware? Because once i got the hub i immediately flash the firmware.

firetix wrote:Now the left button works but the sorting button no longer works.> Is it related to the latest firmware? Because once i got the hub i immediately flash the firmware.

My remote works ok, and I’m on the latest firmware. Is it possible that some soda spilt on the remote?

I had the same problem and unfortunately I tried to solve it intelligently :wink:

I’ll cut to the chase, UNPLUG, wait 30 seconds (for residual current to drain from board, mem, capacitors etc) then replug.

Just so you can have fun at my expense…

• tried debuggin’ the Harmony remote, but then realized the remote that came with the WDTVLH wasn’t working either

• maybe the IR region on the front of the drive needs dustin’? Nope.

• power button, yeah, the power button that’ll fix it! Nope.

• accessed the unit via http/browser.  Useless.

• bled out a chicken and chanted, only fixed it for about 1 minute

The good news for me - and hope it is the same for you - is that the remote/unit hang didn’t/doesn’t happen frequently.

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers!!!

Jim

No ,lol there’s no soda spilled on it, its brand new .

Anyway i’m able to use the hub with two remotes lol.

Great response from the WDTVLH with both remotes. :D, anyway i’m pleased with it.

Now i just need to set up tversity and stream SOPCAST links .

btw is it normal for the WDTVLH to boot without pressing the power button?.  (My wdtv gen1 also boots like this)

If you think the problem is actually something physically wrong with your remote control, please contact tech support.

The absolute only way to go is to get a wireless usb keyboard… I haven’t touched the remote since I got it… It’s awesome!!!

I emailed the support,

they said that they will send me one remote and  asked about by mailing address.

I gave them it and asked them if they could send it to my island (Mauritius ) but they did not reply.

Now the status of my question is escalated.

i just hope that they will send it.

I came across this thread after my remote also stopped working.  A post above mentioned that both their Harmony remote and the WD TV Live Hub remote didn’t work, and I observed that my remote and the remote from my WD TV live didn’t work, so the issue does not appear to be the remote.  After I pulled the power and reset, it still didn’t work at first, but after putting it into standby, both remotes began working.  Only had it a week, will have to see if it happens again.  

1 Like

dipweed

http://community.wdc.com/t5/News-Announcements/Internet-Explorer-9-and-Firefox-4-issues-with-WD-Community/td-p/178832

This may sound weird and unbelievable but this worked for me.

My WDTV remote control started behaving awkwardly all of a sudden since two days. I broke my head over it reading forums and what not.

I traced back to two days and started thinking out loud. I had installed a new lamp two days ago with an energy saving bulb from IKEA (bulb’s called SPARSAM 20W). I tried switching off the lamp and voila!!! The remote control works again… that too from really far away! Switch lamp on again and there you go… remote controls all messed up again… I replaced the particular bulb with another energy saving bulb of Philips make… and now my WDTV’s working all over again?

Really weird huh? It worked for me though… and to imagine I wasted so much time prying open my WDTV installing a IR filter etc…etc… apparently all that was un-necessary!!!

If you face the same problem try the following:

1. Switch all lights off in the room and try using the remote control in darkness (except the TV offcourse!). Then try the remote control by switching off all the lights on one-by-ne… that way you can find out where teh fault comes from.

2. If the WDTV is too close to your TV, try moving it away or changing it’s location

3. Make sure there are no reflective/ver glossy surfaces around the WDTV box. For example, the LG Scarlet TV has a reflective frame around the screen, this could cause problems for you as well.

Good luck from Dubai!
Nayeem

PS: I’m assuming you first tried fresh batteries in the remote control and also the IR receiver sensor on the WDTV…

Ace_Dubai wrote:

This may sound weird and unbelievable but this worked for me.

My WDTV remote control started behaving awkwardly all of a sudden since two days. I broke my head over it reading forums and what not.

I traced back to two days and started thinking out loud. I had installed a new lamp two days ago with an energy saving bulb from IKEA (bulb’s called SPARSAM 20W). I tried switching off the lamp and voila!!! The remote control works again… that too from really far away! Switch lamp on again and there you go… remote controls all messed up again… I replaced the particular bulb with another energy saving bulb of Philips make… and now my WDTV’s working all over again?

Really weird huh? It worked for me though… and to imagine I wasted so much time prying open my WDTV installing a IR filter etc…etc… apparently all that was un-necessary!!!

If you face the same problem try the following:

1. Switch all lights off in the room and try using the remote control in darkness (except the TV offcourse!). Then try the remote control by switching off all the lights on one-by-ne… that way you can find out where teh fault comes from.

1. If the WDTV is too close to your TV, try moving it away or changing it’s location

1. Make sure there are no reflective/ver glossy surfaces around the WDTV box. For example, the LG Scarlet TV has a reflective frame around the screen, this could cause problems for you as well.

Good luck from Dubai!
Nayeem

PS: I’m assuming you first tried fresh batteries in the remote control and also the IR receiver sensor on the WDTV…

Its not weird at all. The remote control sensor in the hub was being overloaded by the lamp. The remote control only gives out low power pulses and if a bright light or even the sun is shining into the receiver then the remote pulse cannot get through. Good tips however.