Remote control not working!

Hi there,

I recently bought the WD TV Live and immediately upgrade it to the latest firmware.

After playing for about one week, suddenly and without any further indications unit does not respond to any of the remote control keys!

• I reset the unit several times without any results

• I own the Logitech remote control which I  programmed to control my WD TV Live but without any results

After so many resets unit shows the initial display for selecting language and does not go any further 

Any ideas please???

Have you tried plugging in a USB keyboard and/or using the WD Remote App for your SmartPhone?

Can you try using the Remote Control feature in the WDTVLive icon that appears in your pc network page.Double click on icon and default password to use feature is “admin” (without quotation marks). Then select remote.

Cheers

I’m having similar problems. 

If I power off the device, and wait a while, and then power it on again - or if I do a full power down (using remote for 5 sec) then on next attempt to use the remote from a distance, it works just fine.

BUT - after a couple of minutes, it would seem that the IR remote stops working - unless you are a couple of centimeters from the front of the device… 

The Remote Controll Android App is still working fine - it’s not the WDTV itself that’s frozen.

The IR remote control handset IS producing an IR signal - as is the remote from my Gen 1 WDTV (not live) - and both can turn the WDTV Live Gen 3 on and off when things are working. 

So it would seem to be that as the WDTV Live Gen3 gets warmer, the IR stops working.

I’ve only got this device a week - had the orig WDTV for years and was happy with it appart from the lack of streaming.

I’m disappointed in how this is new device is working :frowning:

Dar_K wrote:

I’m having similar problems. 

If I power off the device, and wait a while, and then power it on again - or if I do a full power down (using remote for 5 sec) then on next attempt to use the remote from a distance, it works just fine.

BUT - after a couple of minutes, it would seem that the IR remote stops working - unless you are a couple of centimeters from the front of the device… 

The Remote Controll Android App is still working fine - it’s not the WDTV itself that’s frozen.

The IR remote control handset IS producing an IR signal - as is the remote from my Gen 1 WDTV (not live) - and both can turn the WDTV Live Gen 3 on and off when things are working. 

So it would seem to be that as the WDTV Live Gen3 gets warmer, the IR stops working.

I’ve only got this device a week - had the orig WDTV for years and was happy with it appart from the lack of streaming.

I’m disappointed in how this is new device is working :frowning:

Have you tried resetting the player via the internal menu. Is the player in a location where it could get overly warm. Have you tried pointing a fan at the player when it does not respond to the remote to see if it is related to heat ( the fan is used to see if its heat related and is not suggested as a cure). Have you tried new batteries in the remote control?