Remote control alternatives

Helloe WD TV world.

I just came from a long weekend trip and of course, I brought along my hub so I can have Arrested Development to watch whenever I choose. I got back home and realized I didnt pack my remote. While I wait to try to order another remote somewhere, is there any alternative until then? This Hub is useless without the remote and I am miserable.

I also have a Mac if that makes it even harder.

Ranji Lee

There is an app for iPhone / itouch and android, if that helps.

1 Like

The bad news is I don’t have an iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. I also see that there is a web browser/remote for the Pc.

I’m just screwed all sorts of ways. Maybe I should just install Windows on my Mac and dl the PC program.

Any more suggestions before I give up? I’m not buying Windows 7 and the program to run it. That’d be crazy. Maybe I’ll go to my local pawnshop and buy a broken Android phone just for this to get me through until my remote comes in the mail.

RanjiLee wrote:

The bad news is I don’t have an iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. I also see that there is a web browser/remote for the Pc.

I’m just screwed all sorts of ways. Maybe I should just install Windows on my Mac and dl the PC program.

You do not need to install any applicatiion, you can use the virtual remote with a web browser, you can find more details in the user manual, pages 87 and above. 

1 Like

There is a bunch of people who have posted here about using a Harmony Remote from Logitech. Cetainly not cheap but on my own list of things to buy. You can find a lot of info on this searching the site.

-Pearl

1 Like

why not use a wireless keyboard? i got one less than EUR 20,- (USD 25,- )and it works fine. better than the remote. much more comfortable for searches, typings etc.

1 Like

There’s also a WD Remote app for the Android phones. Short of the internal web interface, the WD Remote app, or a Harmony I don’t know of another solution.

GCG

1 Like

as usual in my panic mode I never thought to try reading the user manual. Thanks so much.