Remote Cloud Access Failed

Hello

Till somedays ago I was able to access my cloud from out of home through my cloud app over the internet. However recently I noticed remote access error. When I checked my cloud drive settings I noticed under Settings - General - Cloud Access - Remote Access is On but connection Status says “failed”.
I tried switching off the remote access and restarting it but there it still says “failed” under Connection Status.

The drive is connected to the router (Asus RT-AC88U) and i have assigned a static IP to it. There has been no change in my configuration. I use the static IP to open the configuration so I know it is connected.

Any help will be useful. I am using FW v04.05.00-334

Thanks
Parambir

Hi Parambir_Singh,

A “Failed” indicates the My Cloud device unable to communicate with the MyCloud.com servers. You can have a look on below article for troubleshooting steps in this concern.

My Cloud “Cloud Access Status” Definitions
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3945#failed

The settings given in the instructions seem to be in order. Still wondering why is remote access getting failed.

I have still not been able to get the remote access enabled for my cloud device. Any help will be useful. I checked the uPnP settings of my router and they are enabled.

Hello All,

I am also getting this issue from last few weeks. Device shares works fine in LAN but the cloud service is not starting. I have followed several articles, disabled/enabled Cloud Access, did full system restore, registered with new email ID, Provided static IP, used google DNS etc. but nothing has resolved the issue. When I did a system reset, the Cloud Access status was showing as ready but as soon as I entered new email id for registration it was showing Connecting… and then changed status as Failed.

Are other people also facing similar issues with WD MYCLOUD. Could it be the WD has stopped the access for devices which has gone out of support for them.

This is really frustating as the reason I am using this device from long as I need to access my files & data remotely. If its just to be accessible in LAN I should have bought a cheaper external hard drive.

Same with my issue for now, meybe u have the answear in this room, what should i do?

Frankly I really did not do anything to solve this issue, it just seem to go away without any intervention. Possibly a momentary interruption of service. If you have not done any changes to your existing configuration of cloud drive and internet router, there should be no problem and the issue might get resolved on its own.