Remote backup with closed port 22

I have two WD MyCloud devices. Both are EX4100.

I would like to, every day, backup my first device (source) to my second (destination) device.

I tried to use the “Remote backup” app provided by MyCloud. However I have a problem that on the destination device’s network, port 22 is blocked. It is not possible to connect to SSH using XXX.XX.XX.XX:22.

I have therefore setup a port forwarding on the destination device. This means from the outside it is possible to connect using XXX.XX.XX.XX:24.

However, using the remote backup app, it is not possible to specify which port to connect to. How can I do this? Is there some way to specify that I want to connect to XXX.XX.XX.XX:24?

I have two as well and followed the setup with the destination port forwarding where SSH is 22 and Remote Server is 873. You did turn on the Remote Backup Server on the destination and enable SSH? I am using a simple switch, no router hence no UPnP so you might have to add port forwarding on both your Windows firewall and your router. I used putty to verify that my connection was OK. If the remote connection password was bad I’d get RSYNC error and if the SSH was bad it would refuse the connection.