Remote Access with IPv6 Router

Hello,

I’m trying to find a solution to remotely access my WD MyCloud. Due to my IPv6 router, port forwarding (as well as UPnP) is disabled. I succeded with the WD My Cloud app, but it is useless because it is way too slow, it takes hours to even open a picture.

I had a MyBookLive before, but because IPv6 was not supported I exchanged it for a WD MyCloud, following the advice of the vendor. I also read a little about the EX2 and EX4 models and it seems IPv6 is not supported either. Should I give up with remote access?

Thank you for your help!

jewe6889 wrote:

I had a MyBookLive before, but because IPv6 was not supported I exchanged it for a WD MyCloud, following the advice of the vendor. I also read a little about the EX2 and EX4 models and it seems IPv6 is not supported either. Should I give up with remote access?

Question:  Are you using IPv6 on your INSIDE network, or only on the OUTSIDE network?

If you’re using IPv6 on your inside network, then the vendor has it backwards.  The My Cloud EX2/EX4 support IPv6, the My Cloud NAS (single disk) does not (at least that I can tell.)

Have you run the ipv6 test to see what results you get?

http://test-ipv6.com

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

To TonyPh12345:

I have no idea. How could I know?

For instance, this topic on EX2 suggests that port forwarding is also needed to allow a decent transfer speed. At best I would be able to establish a relay connection, which I already have and this doesn’t allow remote access.

Would Hamachi be a solution?

To cat0w: I did the test and got 10/10.