Remote access to your network device unavailable

I have purchased a 3TB WD Mycloud. I have a lot of set up questions. But the main one is that I get his message when I install: “Remote access to your network device is currently unavailable”

I continued with the installation but I can not see the device from remote laptop on my wireless network…

Nothing in the installation manual tells me to expect this message.

So, before I can mess up my router configuration, I would like to ask if this is a normal message to ignore or is there a problem that need to be fixed…

Many thanks for the help

If you connect to your router, can you see the drive and that it has an IP address? try downloading WD Discovery software http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=904&lang=en

and run it. See what it says.

Check this information out and look at the tab My Cloud How it Works.

http://content.webcollage.net/apps/cs/mini-site/bestbuy/module/wdc/wcpc/1380204748603/tab/demo-eebd01c1?enable-reporting=true&showtabs=&channel-product-id=1219079080973

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Thanks for the reply… done that… got the attached screen… not sure where to go next…

Thanks… done that… it teaches the basic steps… 

I am beyond that… 

when click on the "WD Mycloud’ icon and log on…  this message pops up telling me that “remote access to your network device unavailable”…

This is the message that I get…

There must be a reason for this message to pop up…

wd error.jpg

Reply to:

jadu8

In your first post you said, I have a lot of set up questions, now you are saying you are beyond that.

How is your My Cloud connected to your router? How did you set up remote access in the Dashboard for the laptop? See image below.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Thank you for the reply…

My WD is connected to the “Huawei - HG8245” wifi FTTH modem via Ethernet cable from the back of the WD to one of the Ethernet LAN ports in the back of the modem.

Then I connect my PC to do the config to one of the LAN ports on the modem.

ethernet from WD to modem… ethernet from Modem to PC…