Remote Access MBL using FTP Application on Iphone

Hi Guys,

I have setup FTP access to mybook live sitting on my home LAN. All ports & related networking bits are working alright. I can access the MBL from outside the home using any FTP client on windows machine etc. I can also access the MBL using FTP app on my iPhone while I am at my home (using the LAN/internal IP) …

However when I try to access MBL using FTP client running on iPhone from “internet” (meaning outside from my LAN), it gives an error “Connection Refused” … This is very strange as the connection works perfectly alright over the internet using a windows machine but does not work using the iPhone… 

I have already tried FTP app on iPhone to connect to a different FTP server (on my windows desktop) and that work’s perfectly alright, It is just the MBL ftp giving me headache… 

PLEASE HELP …

If you can connect from any other system via FTP and internet (WAN), it is not the destination then. Destination does not care what hardware you are using, as long as you are using FTP protocol.

So double check and compare the FTP settings between the Iphone and Win PC. Try by IP vs DNS, make sure credentials are correct, etc etc.

And last, FYI… FTP is NOT a SECURE protocol. Of course, only if you require security or care about it. For more info, search this forum.