Remote access issues to WD2go site, and unable to update Java to latest release

Why can I successfully access remotely using firefox, once I have allowed java to work for that site, yet not chrome or Internet Explorer? I tried to set up exceptions in Java latest release but got nowhere.

Firefox works once I get over the java access issues although I still cant update to the latest version of Java and access.

Chrome just sits on the log in screen and does nothing after inputing the login details. I can access the change password screen, reset my password and get to the screen with drives displayed but then no further.

I can log in to IE, but java then diverts me to another site entirely, oracle?

Chrome used to work before the recent access issues so something has been changed which stops me getting access.

I have been unable to update Java for some time as I can then not get access, so have to recert to version 45 which works after various warning screens come up?

I know WD support have tried to contact me, but as all international calls are barred ignored on my phone to avoid all the scams etc they have not got through.

Hello,

Take a look at this link. Hope it helps.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11387/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5NzQ5MTA0NS9zaWQvRWJtcTZOUmw%3D

I dont believe this is WD problem. If you are using Windows 8 (can happen in windows 7 as well), this is an IE bug. Try running as Administrator  (choose IE,  right click for property and choose “Run As Administrator”)

Here is a link to multiple solutions from toher suers not using WD.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/why-java-is-not-working-in-internet-explorer-10/2e9e829a-aaff-46a8-9108-978a8b1e52b1?page=1&tm=1397500821293

HTH

I have Windows 7 SP1 using IE11 and I am not having any problems with wd2go. I have the latest Java. I am using my desktop, Gateway DX4860, 16 GB of RAM, quad-core i5.

MyCloudJava.JPG

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

cat0w wrote:

I have Windows 7 SP1 using IE11 and I am not having any problems with wd2go. I have the latest Java. I am using my desktop, Gateway DX4860, 16 GB of RAM, quad-core i5.

MyCloudJava.JPG

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

It is happening to many people and no one knows why yet. Glad it is working for you. After Windows last update it screwed my laptop just like the OP and many others.  My PC with Windows 8.1 pro working fine.