Remote access - certificate expired/security warnings

I’m having the same issue…the solution seems obvious, but wondering if anyone has a simple workaround??

Thanks.

Not that I have found, the above solution does not work for me. I can’t use explorer, it just sends me to the oracle page after a brief flash of the shares page. Chrome does nothing just sits there on the login page and goes no further. Firefox will work but only if I go back to java release 7-45, which is way out of date. I have raised another thread recently but just had advice to select an option that I never see to select?

Clearly I have something blocking the site from loading Java, or even logging in at all as in chrome, but don’t know how to find it or disable it. In firefox even with wd2go in the exceptions site it tells me it can’t proceed because the login refers to dozens of other sites not on the exceptions list. In Java 8 you can’t even reduce the protection level low enough any more.

All I want is a concise and easy solution to this issue so I can access a drive at my brothers house 80 miles away, like I should be able to, and so he can access mine.

Indeed it now gets worse, I have installed safari as recommended above, which I have never had on the computer before.

I log in and get to the shares page and it says I haven’t got Java installed and diverts me to a page where I can install it.

However even after installing Java, despite it telling me it is already on the computer, safari insists Java is not available. Even shutting down and re-opening java, or a complete computer reboot will not get Java to work with Safari!!

Somewhere there must be a program preventing either Java from running at all, or blocking it when it does run, and I have no idea what it is or where to access and adjust it.

When i try with chrome firefox safari ie when i click singin it does not do anything acts like its dead

I have no addons turned on that would be blocking anything

Iver unistalled java reinstalled it and removed all prev version i can go to the computer next to me on the same network and login just fine

I have reset browsers rebooted still does not work!!!

but it does on the computer next time mine this is while im at work remote web

So basically, you need to follow what Java is telling you to do.

It’s going to be different for everyone, since the site changes depending on your device ID. Take note of the EXACT link that Java is yelling at you about. It will look something like this:  http://wdmycloud.deviceXXXXXXX.wd2go.com:80/mapdrive/map-drive.jar?v=18 (X’s are your device ID). Note, it will NOT look exactly like my link. But copy down YOURS.  Then…

(Java 8.31 here)

Start - configure java - security tab - edit site list button.

Here is where it gets a little tricky:

I am fairly sure everyone needs to addhttps://www.wd2go.com/getDevicesInternal.do

Also add the site I mentioned in teh beginning of this post. Save Java. Then COMPLETELY close your browser. Reloading the tab won’t work.

Go back to the site, and you will note a slighty different error message about JAR files being on a different domain (I know this is what I got).

Copy THAT link down, add it to your java exception list. Save Java. and finally, close and reopen broswer. You should be able to get in now.