Relay Connection on Airport Extreme with a Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

I cannot figure out how to establish the faster direct connection (versus the relay I’m stuck with) under the Remote Access settings. Here’s my setup:

-older MacBook running Snow Leopard 10.6.8

-MBL 2TB

-Apple Airport Extreme (Gen. 4)

I’ve read a few things about the Airport Extreme not supporting UPnP and the need to use port mapping, but have yet to find a tutorial on how to set things up properly. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Check the link below for some suggestions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5736/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0NDk3ODgyOC9zaWQvQ0MzQSpIM2w%3D

Thanks for the reply. I read through the page you linked, but that’s not what I’m talking about. Under the REMOTE ACCESS menu is the CONNECTION STATUS item. Mine says “Connected (Relay connection established) For best performance, enable UPnP on your router to establish a direct connection.” How do I do this while using my Airport Extreme?

I did do that in my router and I still have a relay connection.  I have done them all to no avail.  I am so frustrated.  And optimum say I need to pay for a static. Port 80 is closed.  Only they use it to serve web pages.  It use to work before that last update.

So has there been any change in the WD side of the world that would allow port mapping on my Airport Extremem to allow for a faster, direct connection? Please say yes.