Refurbished / RMA drive Warranty

I want to ask people who received a refurbished drive what kind of warranty they have on it.

I got a replacement refurb drive with a 3 month warranty on it and i wonder is that common ?

I asked a few times the tech support person that helped me and i was told several times the same the ing word for word…

So this will give me some piece of mind and i can relax and not be worried if my drive dies in 4 months…

Because i *had around half of a 3 year warranty on my old drive i returned.

So what is common and what did other people get in the same situation ?

By the way i did an Advanced RMA and it went fast and smooth but that was like a month or 2 ago now …still no warranty change listed in the customer portal product registration page.

My RMA case was closed a long time ago with success and i have had no problems with my new drive.

Hi yes the warranty left on the old drive should be transfered to the new one, not a 3 month warranty. Give them a call or email.

11/08/2012 - was when it says the case was opened.

12/03/2012 - i received the last message from TotalSupport mentioning what i quoted earlier.

03/08/2013 - the RMA’d drive’s warranty expires.

they got my old drive …it’s confirmed and its been atleast a month since they had it so i don’t know if should bug em about it yet or what… but knowing not much time left make me a little uneasy !

I think i’ll wait a while longer and send another message later…

i just wondered how long it took for other people to get the remainder of their warranties updated.

Hi  WD10EARS

This article will explain how long does it take for the warranty on the replacement drive to be updated.

Warranty on the replacement product is shorter than the warranty on the original product

For this an any other support inquiries, feel free to contact support.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,
Robothief.

ok i read that thanks for the info other people may wanna see that too

checked the portal status and then came here so i noticed it was updated

and i read the pm i was sent so thanks who ever helped get it updated for me :slight_smile:

weird just had a look and at least 2/3 weeks after the fact someone went

and took 2 months and 2 days off the warranty i had left. (from 8/18/2014 to 6/16/2014)

would be nice if they notified people why if they are gonna do stuff like this.

Same here, just got information that my caviar black is replaced with caviar blue :confused: with warranty limited to 31.05.2012 where mine has until 23.08.2017…

what do you mean ?

what i do was look at the customer portal page and noticed the warranty info was changed.

I know because i wrote it down when it was added in the first place.

are you looking in the portal page where it shows your registered drives etc ?

v1ckdesigns wrote:

Same here, just got information that my caviar black is replaced with caviar blue :confused: with warranty limited to 31.05.2012 where mine has until 23.08.2017…

Hi  v1ckdesigns , 

The Warranty will be updated once the RMA process is completed in our system.

For a complete explanation of the Warranty process for a replacement drive, please see the link bellow:

Warranty on the replacement product is shorter than the warranty on the original product