Reformatted C drive, want to re-install WD SmartWare

I re-formatted my C: drive. I stored all the files I wanted to keep on my WD MyBook Essentials prior to the re-formatting. Now, I’d like to re-install the WD SmartWare onto my computer. How do I do this without causing any problems on my ext hdd?

I know the software is located on the etx hdd, and I can access the ext hdd now, even without the SmartWare, but would like to have it. I wasn’t using the ext hdd for automatic backups prior to the reformatting, but as temp storage for various files I work with regularly.

If I install the WD SmartWare from the MyBook Files, will it overwrite anything on the ext hdd, or just install the SmrtWare onto my C: Drive? Just installing it to my C: Drive is my goal. I want to leave the etx hdd as it is now.

c3coupe wrote:

If I install the WD SmartWare from the MyBook Files, will it overwrite anything on the ext hdd, or just install the SmrtWare onto my C: Drive? Just installing it to my C: Drive is my goal. I want to leave the etx hdd as it is now.

no. it will not overwrite anything…

the program will be installed to the computer for backups…

just double click on the smartware installer and follow the wizard 

1 Like

very nice. i didn’t want to lose umpteen gigs of home video of the kids. the rest i could care less about. thank you for the help.  :smiley: