Reflash EMC DD2500 drives to original firmware

I bought a few HUS723030ALS640 3TB SAS drives that apparently have EMC data domain firmware on them (reporting as HUS72303CLAR3000) and my Dell PERC H700 or H200 controllers won’t do anything with them. They don’t even show up on the H200, and fail as soon as I attempt to create a VD with the H700. Is there any way I can reflash them to an OEM firmware using either of the controllers I have in a PowerEdge T610? The model is compatible with the T610 as there is a firmware updater for them on the support page for that model server, but it won’t actually update the drives, I’m assuming because they’re reporting a different part number.

Hi ClownTrigger11,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support

Create a Support Case
Create a support case with our world-class service and support team.

Hi James,

In fact I did create a ticket. I got a response eight days later:

“Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is Justin.
We apologized for the inconvenience caused to you,

Unfortunately, there is no such firmware available to re-flash drives to HGST OEM drives.”

Case #011818-12643691

Any luck with this?

Yes! The disks were formatted with 520b sectors and had to be reformatted to 512b.