Redundant backdrop folders

if moving a movie from one folder to another, any related ‘backdrop’ folders and images get left behind in the old location on the drive. is it safe to delete these folders? i ask because when the movie is moved to its new location, ‘backdrop’ folders are created again.

these hidden folders are only viewable when viewing my external drive contents via my laptop

Yes, it’s safe to delete them.   

1 Like

I wish that if you move or delete a file from the WDTV live smp it would move or delete the other files as well such as backdrops, xml, metathumbs.  I can’t see any reason why this would not be practical to implement in the firmware.  the WDTV created those file so it should be able to detect them and get rid of them.  Otherwise it starts to be a mess and becomes a hassel.

wseyller wrote:

I wish that if you move or delete a file from the WDTV live smp it would move or delete the other files as well such as backdrops, xml, metathumbs.

from what i have seen, i think the xml and metathumbs are deleted if the related movie file is deleted? at least they have been if i delete and iso movie file. just the backdrops get left behind.

Yes you are right.  just the backdrops.