Red Symbol appears on all playback since latest firmware

Evening folks!

This is my first time on the forum as its the first issue i have had thats been unsolvable with googling. Please forgive me if im in the wrong place.

Basically, my issue is i am now getting a red symbol appearing in the top right corner of all video playbacks. It is a red circle with a cross through it, like a no smoking sign. I never had this issue until a few days ago when i did a firmware update to version 1.04.17_v

Its not an issue making it unusable but its kind of annoying!

Has anyone else encountered this or know what could be possibly wrong?

I have a WDTV live, connected via HDMI to my tele and via ethernet to my MYBook World Nas drive

Cheers

James

What you are describing sounds like the icon that appears when you press an illegal button on the WD remote controll. Is it possible that one of the keys on your remote is stuck down?

It doesnt seem so. I have pressed every button to make sure none of them were stuck to no avail.

At least you know which symbol im talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

Its also appearing on some menus. Like when i go into folders on my drive

The only other thing that I can think of is to try pressing the reset button, followed by a ‘restore to factory defaults’ (in the WD setup). Warning: you will have to re-enter your network information and other setup information.

If that doesn’t work, you can always try downgrading the firmware to 1.03.49.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduse​r/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800