Recording 60 days live stream from a screen recorder - Use USB HDD or laptop SSD?

I need to record 60 days of 9am to 5pm Zoom video meeting using OBS Studio screen recorder software on my 6 year old laptop.
I have only 20GB left in my laptop’s old internal SSD but I also have a WD My Passport 2TB Portable HDD available with about 150GB spare.
What are the advantages and disadvantages between the following two methods please?:

1. Record onto the laptops internal SSD and at the end of the day cut and paste the mp4 recording onto the external USB hard drive.
  2. Record directly onto the external USB hard drive.

Hi @help,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thanks. I’ve just opened a support case.

The fact that the screen recorder for Mac Movavi includes a Sony Vegas preset is a really great feature that I haven’t heard highlighted. As a result, the rendering of videos with no visual effects can happen almost instantly. The video frames can be immediately exported in the jpeg format into an AVI if you don’t include a color change. Today, I finished rendering a 20-minute film in under two minutes. Handbrake it, then upload it to YouTube. It does everything, never crashes, really top-quality software. For my small investment can’t recommend it enough (if you’re on a Mac).