When I turned on my G-RAID Thunderbolt 2 drive 1 turned red and the G-Raid Configurator states that drive 1 is degraded and needs to be rebuilt. My G-Raid is configured as RAID 1
I’m running version 1.1(52) of G-Raid Configurator.
I have questions about the procedure to rebuild because I did this once a few years ago and recall having issues and that the G-Raid Configurator dialog mislabeled slot 1 and 2 which was very nerving.
- Does degraded mean that I throw away the drive or does it just mean that I need to reformat it then rebuild?
- Do I move the good drive into slot 1 or do I unmount and install a new drive 1?
- Does the new drive have to be empty or can it overwrite an existing spare drive that I have?
- Do I have to format/reformat the drive that I will be using?
- Does G-Raid Configurator still mix up the slots and see slot 1 as slot 2? (I did this a long time ago and if I remember correctly the message dialog for rebuilding mixes up the slot numbers)