Rebuild RAID and Network Connection

I just upgraded HD in EX2, and now rebuilding RAID 1. I am seeing same things that others have reported on these forums, that it says will take LONG time to rebuild and progress is pretty slow at first. But what am seeing is that after while, the EX2 drops from network (can not login or ping IP address) and all three front LEDs go solid (HD LEDS stop blinking from activity).

Am running latest firmware, have disabled all background processes. Only thing that seems to work is if reboot device, but then it just starts up rebuilding again and same thing happens later. Anyone have any ideas or experience with something like this?

Rob

1 Like

HI robhughes1,

It seems that this issues can be better addressed over a phone call. Please contact our support team for isolating this issue.

Robhughes1,
I’m curious as to what happened with your issue after you called the support line. Were they able to fix it over the phone or did you get a new one sent to you?

Nate

Had to set up as brand new machine. Finally moved off MyCloud a while back - went to Synology and have had better experience. The WD device kept dropping off network and losing connection, never could get it fixed